Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 74152
Latest: Camerons
New This Month: 612
New This Week: 145
New Today: 24
Stats
Total Posts: 110969
Total Topics: 43519
Most Online Today: 1463
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 3
Guests: 1157
Total: 1176
LouisHatchell
training71
HyonHighsmith
Google (13)
Baidu (3)

Author Topic: Name of game?  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Beedle

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Beedle has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
Name of game?
« on: October 23, 2014, 05:58:55 »
I've noticed the forum url has changed which makes me wonder if the game will now be called Shinobi life online.  If that's the case, while i was googling to see footage of the community test i came across a few other things with a similar name. 
One looks like a really shitty gameboy graphic rpg game being made by what seems like a bunch of young teenager friends called Shinobi Life, i can't find the site anymore but i assume that they wont make it far and copyright issues wouldn't exist with them anyway.
But then i came across this http://www.mangahere.co/manga/shinobi_life/.  Apparently Shinobi Life is a manga from a few years ago about a ninja who protects a princess who one day fails to protect her & ends up in the bottom of a lake where he is teleported to the future. Further looking into it shows that the author, Shoko Konami, has roughly 4-5 mangas that are somewhat popular, with Shinobi life as his most popular. Im not a reader of manga so im not to sure how many readers is a lot for non-mainstream mangas but i believe it has roughly 20k views on just one site.

Idk if this could be a problem but if the game has gone through a name change & the names are similar, could there not be copyright issues?  i dont want to see this game go down so id thought id bring this to the attention of any mods/team for them to decide if its any threat.

This whole post is only relevant however if the game's name has changed, does anyone know if the name has changed?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 06:03:15 by Beedle »

• Character Name: Etski

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

Re: Name of game?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 12:45:37 »
Yes, the name change is still incomplete. It will be completed until the DM.

And Vreg knew about that manga before choosing the new name, so I assume he doesn't think it can be a problem.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 16:02:22 »
The way trademarks work is, they are reserved for specific categories, i.e. Shinobi Life is reserved as manga title in the manga market. However, it can still be used in markets such as games, restaurants, stores, music, movies,...

We are pretty much the first game to use the name "Shinobi Life Online". Also, the name change is incomplete and will be completed asap.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Beedle

• Academy Student Poster
  • Beedle has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 20:23:10 »
Oh ok sounds good, thanks for the info
  • Character Name: Etski