Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 74148
Latest: MaksVasvof
New This Month: 608
New This Week: 141
New Today: 24
Stats
Total Posts: 109984
Total Topics: 42551
Most Online Today: 1652
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1273
Total: 1294

Author Topic: Hidden/Forbidden jutsu  (Read 14576 times)

Offline Master

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Master has no influence.
  • DiviAngel- To be in game name.
    • View Profile
Hidden/Forbidden jutsu
« on: July 11, 2014, 09:56:46 »
Alright well I don't know if this was talked about long ago but lets talk about Forbidden jutsu.
Not like jutsu that shows up by chance to players spawns
But justu that can only be obtained by hidden scrolls placed around the map.

Like for example Jutsu that are extremly rare and odd/ Poison snake  Justu. for a example  or Poison Mist justu.

So the catch is the scrolls can be read by anyone but can only be cast by Intermediate to Expert

These scrolls can be hidden or sold to people, though in town if its a forbidden scroll you can be chased on sight by npc if they get too close.

Just a suggestion don't think too much on it or get mad at the idea

Meaning has power

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

Re: Hidden/Forbidden jutsu
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 10:03:16 »
Alright well I don't know if this was talked about long ago but lets talk about Forbidden jutsu.
Not like jutsu that shows up by chance to players spawns
But justu that can only be obtained by hidden scrolls placed around the map.

Like for example Jutsu that are extremly rare and odd/ Poison snake  Justu. for a example  or Poison Mist justu.

So the catch is the scrolls can be read by anyone but can only be cast by Intermediate to Expert

These scrolls can be hidden or sold to people, though in town if its a forbidden scroll you can be chased on sight by npc if they get too close.

Just a suggestion don't think too much on it or get mad at the idea
Well Vreg said that after mastering your 2 chakra natures you will be able to chose between Kinjutsu (forbidden techniques) or Senjutsu. If you chose Kinjutsu you will be able to pick a jutsu from a list of forbidden techniques to master, if you pick senjutsu you will have an infinite amount of chakra after mastering it. But I think the idea would be good to give you the possibility to get a second Kinjutsu technique other than the first one you picked.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Master

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2014, 10:06:27 »
Yeah that would be nice, Only problem is now someone would go Sinjutsu then find a scroll. Infinite chakera + forbidden jutsu== Chaos
Meaning has power

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 10:07:34 »
Yeah that would be nice, Only problem is now someone would go Sinjutsu then find a scroll. Infinite chakera + forbidden jutsu== Chaos
True well perhaps make it only achievable to those who picked Kinjutsu in the first place or something

Offline Master

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 10:08:18 »
Or make it so that if you choose Sinjutsu you can not learn forbidden jutsu
Meaning has power

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 10:12:02 »
Or make it so that if you choose Sinjutsu you can not learn forbidden jutsu
Agreed since infinite chakra >= 2 forbidden techniques anyways.

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 20:16:29 »
I love the idea to choose between the two. Personally, I would choose infinite chakra over a single forbidden jutsu, but that's my personal preference. However, if you could master 2 forbidden jutsus? It'd be a though decision for me.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline thevegetor

• Academy Student Poster
  • thevegetor has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 20:24:54 »
I like the idea of choice but i want some way to have both, but it must be difficult. While infinite chakra and forbidden jutsu is a bad combo, it is a realistic combo. Maybe just simply make it so that the forbidden jutsus can not be used during senjutsu mode (not sage mode though, i assume that's too closely related to naruto) So make the infinite chakra have some sort of transformation or other drawback. I really would like to have both. Think of Naruto, he has both kinjutsu (shadow clone jutsu, though personally that doesn't seem very forbidden concidering the amount of people able to do it.) and senjutsu. Just something to concider.
  • Character Name: Akemi Akane

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 20:37:20 »
Just like using a forbidden jutsu can harm the user, use of the sharingan (Mangekyō Sharingan) will eventually make you go blind, unlimited chakra should do something. Maybe make you exhausted/fatigued quicker? Makes you more vulnerable to certain jutsus or natures? just spit-balling here. 

Offline Master

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 21:11:39 »
Keep in mind we can still use the scrolls for hidden jutsu's like ones you can only get from finding around them map.
Meaning has power

Offline J-man

• Academy Student Poster
  • J-man has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2014, 21:14:14 »
What if forbidden jutsu's are not that strong but let's say they are jutsus of no element like snakes,shadow clones etc but a little bit stronger,not S rank or something,just A rank and you get no choice,you can learn and master senjutsu if you want and find forbidden jutsu's but you can only learn 3-4.so my point is not to make them OP just slightly better.

Offline Master

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2014, 21:15:07 »
I like that idea
Meaning has power

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 21:29:27 »
What if forbidden jutsu's are not that strong but let's say they are jutsus of no element like snakes,shadow clones etc but a little bit stronger,not S rank or something,just A rank and you get no choice,you can learn and master senjutsu if you want and find forbidden jutsu's but you can only learn 3-4.so my point is not to make them OP just slightly better.

I have a problem with this. The game is a naruto-esque realism game, thus forbidden jutsus should be like they are in the show.

What are Forbidden Jutsus?

1- Techniques that cause harm to the user themselves, such as opening the Eight Gates, which the mere use of is both highly useful as well as detrimental to the user.

2- Techniques that violate the laws of nature (e.g. the Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation, which reincarnates the dead with a human sacrifice).

3- Techniques that are known to cause massive collateral damage, such as the total destruction of a village and end with the death of everyone in it, thus the great moral ramifications of its potential lead many to labelling it as a forbidden technique (e.g. the Fury technique, which appeared only in the anime).

The 'Fury technique' has to damage and size to destroy an entire village, and if Chidori and Rasengan are being set as A, Forbidden jutsus, which cause larger-scale damage should be S.

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 21:33:22 »

I have a problem with this. The game is a naruto-esque realism game, thus forbidden jutsus should be like they are in the show.

What are Forbidden Jutsus?

1- Techniques that cause harm to the user themselves, such as opening the Eight Gates, which the mere use of is both highly useful as well as detrimental to the user.

2- Techniques that violate the laws of nature (e.g. the Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation, which reincarnates the dead with a human sacrifice).

3- Techniques that are known to cause massive collateral damage, such as the total destruction of a village and end with the death of everyone in it, thus the great moral ramifications of its potential lead many to labelling it as a forbidden technique (e.g. the Fury technique, which appeared only in the anime).

The 'Fury technique' has to damage and size to destroy an entire village, and if Chidori and Rasengan are being set as A, Forbidden jutsus, which cause larger-scale damage should be S.

Well an example of a forbidden technique in Shinobi Life Online is a jutsu similar to Minato's hiraishin. So I assume those will be extremely powerful jutsu which will exhaust the user or consume a lot of his chakra.

Offline J-man

• Academy Student Poster
  • J-man has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 21:44:24 »
Oops didnt know that much,so i was thinking that the forbbiden jutsus cost alot of chakra and have a big cooldown(depending on the jutsu some may have some may not have a cooldown) and the stronger ones give you debuffs. if you are in sejutsu you have infinite chackra right? well thats when the cooldown comes in and  for kage bunshin wich im remember that  your chackra gets split in  how many clones you created,well in sage mode/senjutsu you can have a maximum of 3 because they would have theyr one infinite pool so you cant have 10 clones and spam rasengan at no cost xD hope this help and if not dont kill me im trying