Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 74158
Latest: JacobDuh
New This Month: 618
New This Week: 151
New Today: 22
Stats
Total Posts: 112100
Total Topics: 44650
Most Online Today: 1463
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 5
Guests: 1200
Total: 1220

Author Topic: Armor and weapons  (Read 3549 times)

Offline Ryuujin

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Ryuujin has no influence.
  • I'm new around here, well I am...
    • View Profile
Armor and weapons
« on: July 07, 2014, 12:33:17 »
I got a couple of questions regarding armor and weapons:

-Will the armor affect the stats (str , agi , dex etc.) like in most mmorpgs, or will they only affect for example defense/speed.
-Will the armor and weapons have lvl requirements, or only difference in how rare they are?
-What sorts of armor will we be seeing? (heavy, light, leather, plate, etc.)
-Will weapons affect the stats, or will they only have damage according to (lvl requirement/rareness), and will all weapon types have different attack patterns?

That's all I can think of right now, thanks! ^^

• Character Name: Ryuujin
*No signature needed*

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
Re: Armor and weapons
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 06:06:47 »
Alright, I am going to use the - like you to show that I am giving my own opinionated answers (Things I would like to see) to you questions in your order. Idk if that made sense or not, but here we go haha.

- Seeing as though this game is being called an MMORPG/MMOARPG, I would expect to see that it follows other MMORPGs in the sense that armor will probably have stats and what not.

- From what I have read there are people who wish for there to be a range of 'rareness' to weapons, common, uncommon, rare, etc. stuff like that. I am also a person who wishes to see this along with a level requirement. I feel as though both are needed to make the game a more fun and interesting one. Level requirements over rareness because in my own opinion, I feel that level requirements aid in the inhibition of creating over powered shinobi at an early level. MMORPGs should, once again in my opinion, be fair at the start, nothing that gives players edges over other players. In the off chance you PvP at an extremely early level, the combat should be solely off of skill rather then say someone who luckily found a rare weapon. Hence why level requirement is important.

- It's been awhile since I have watched Naruto, but I have completely indulged myself once again in Naruto Shippuden, and while watching the show I have seen a mixture of armor. Seeing as though this game is based off of both 'ancient Asian principles and Japanese folklore' as well as the anime/manga, I think it is safe to assume that there will be metal plated armor, probably cloth clothes. You don't tend to see heavy armor on shinobi since it'd weigh too much, it'd just slow them down. So if they are going to add stats and create armor, I don't think that armor should really do much in the game. Granted, there are shinobi in Naruto who do have plated armor to defend against those wicked kunai! so for this one, I guess we'll have to wait and see!

- This one will probably be tricky because on one hand, you regularly see average weapons, simple metal kunai or swords or whatever. On the OTHER hand, you have some characters in the show like Temari and Sai who use their Jutsus with their weapon, or utensils in Sais case (Paint brush). These weapons however are nothing really, they just help the jutsu user. I can see them being in the game, but legendary weapons should be cast away all together, not even considered being put into the game. These weapons including, but not limited to, the swords the Seven Ninja Swordsmen use, the Treasured Tools of the Safe of the Six Paths. Those are just some examples, and yes you couldn't use them due to copyright, but anything based off of them or similar to them or anything /like/ that should be banned from the game. They would give any player who wields them an extremely unfair advantage.

There ya have it, my thoughts on the subject. If you need any clarification or have any questions, let me know! ^^
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline Ryuujin

• Academy Student Poster
  • Ryuujin has no influence.
  • I'm new around here, well I am...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 11:14:26 »
Nice thoughts :P There are heavy armor in Naruto tho. Remember the samurai? Or maybe you haven't come that far yet ... ^^

Sry bout the oversized image, didn't bother rescaling it... too much work xD
  • Character Name: Ryuujin
*No signature needed*

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 20:37:25 »
speaking of Samurai, I would love to see players being able to be a Samurai. That'd be so cool haha

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 20:45:41 »
speaking of Samurai, I would love to see players being able to be a Samurai. That'd be so cool haha
http://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php/topic,428.msg3910.html#msg3910
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 21:14:11 »
Ahh k, thanks.