Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 74977
Latest: Waynetaunk
New This Month: 389
New This Week: 129
New Today: 21
Stats
Total Posts: 188110
Total Topics: 109546
Most Online Today: 2237
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 19
Guests: 2109
Total: 2141

Author Topic: Rewarding Kindness  (Read 2588 times)

Offline StroodleCake

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • StroodleCake has no influence.
  • Not quite new, not quite old, been around a little
    • View Profile
Rewarding Kindness
« on: July 04, 2014, 21:11:11 »
Thinking about permanent death brought up the question of whether or not there will be any benefits to being nice in Shinobi Life Online. If we think about the DayZ mod for Arma there is a huge "bandit" problem where the game has become less about surviving a zombie outbreak and more about killing other people and stealing their loot. In DayZ there is no benefit to keeping people alive because it is likely that they will just kill you if given the chance. If the game is going to be realistic there shouldnt be constant murders because thats actually not what happens all the time in Naruto, just like in real life you could never actually get away with that.

I guess my question is will there be a benefit to being kind to people? (I already know the penalty for killing will be that your name goes into the bingo book). 

• Character Name: Satoshi Gekko

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Rewarding Kindness
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 21:48:57 »
Thinking about permanent death brought up the question of whether or not there will be any benefits to being nice in Shinobi Life Online. If we think about the DayZ mod for Arma there is a huge "bandit" problem where the game has become less about surviving a zombie outbreak and more about killing other people and stealing their loot. In DayZ there is no benefit to keeping people alive because it is likely that they will just kill you if given the chance. If the game is going to be realistic there shouldnt be constant murders because thats actually not what happens all the time in Naruto, just like in real life you could never actually get away with that.

I guess my question is will there be a benefit to being kind to people? (I already know the penalty for killing will be that your name goes into the bingo book). 
There's isn't a benefit to killing someone after having defeated them either. You can loot their stuff and leave them half dead, they won't loose their character that way and will form no threat, unless there are some medical ninja around.
  • Character Name: Vuregu