Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 54783
Latest: Spenis
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 55275
Total Topics: 3337
Most Online Today: 2071
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1470
Total: 1485
Google (15)

Author Topic: Clans & Origination Skill Tree Reward Systems  (Read 3981 times)

Offline Shocks

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Shocks has no influence.
  • Motsomoto - Balance is almost impossible, almost.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hitomi

Clans & Origination Skill Tree Reward Systems
« on: July 31, 2016, 19:06:06 »
Yo i've been posting alot about this and thought I would go a little more in depth and see what people think and how the devs feel about this idea whether they have plans for this already or not.

If we compare SLO to other MMORPG, Clan = Race, Org = Guild

So I think it would be good for clans, when they have an in game interface for creation and recruiting members, we already have things like importing your clan symbol ect, a description allowing you to fill in text fields for history ect, a list of clan members and all that will be great much later on, but near the final product we already know we will have skill tree's and so on.

How do you feel about the same system as WOW but custom to SLO, so for clans, they can select a skill tree which by "contributing", dungeons events earning gold experience completing missions ect, contribute points to their clan (This system will also work with orgs but orgs would be different in terms of reward).

As you contribute the high ranks of the clan or founder and other leaders ect, would spend points to unlock abilities, skills, jutsu, ninjutsu, genjutsu, physical transformations, blood traits like SLO version of sharingan, byakugan, ect, which then have their own conditions before a member can use them, then after meeting those conditions members can use them, like in the series but using game mechanics.

You could do the same for orgs, but orgs are more buisness with agenda's, so multiple tree's to choose from, customized to roles the devs want orgs to fill, so tree's that reward boons exp money trading or more damage ect all that based on the roll, so a rogue thief/assassin org would choose a tree customized to more damage, stealth, stealing, back stab damage kind of thing. there's not really a limit to this kind of thing, if your passionate about this idea, we can really make something great.

If we get the base model for this game right, investors will get involved, we could get massive investment as well as someone to hold the servers and publish it under the current devs which would allow them to employ people to maintain important aspects giving the devs to drive the development in the directions they want whatever their end goal vision of this game is. I dont know what you guys have planned but this could be an option much later if we get this right.

• Character Name: Motsomoto Hitomi

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Re: Clans & Origination Skill Tree Reward Systems
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 21:55:47 »
Yo i've been posting alot about this and thought I would go a little more in depth and see what people think and how the devs feel about this idea whether they have plans for this already or not.

If we compare SLO to other MMORPG, Clan = Race, Org = Guild

So I think it would be good for clans, when they have an in game interface for creation and recruiting members, we already have things like importing your clan symbol ect, a description allowing you to fill in text fields for history ect, a list of clan members and all that will be great much later on, but near the final product we already know we will have skill tree's and so on.

How do you feel about the same system as WOW but custom to SLO, so for clans, they can select a skill tree which by "contributing", dungeons events earning gold experience completing missions ect, contribute points to their clan (This system will also work with orgs but orgs would be different in terms of reward).

As you contribute the high ranks of the clan or founder and other leaders ect, would spend points to unlock abilities, skills, jutsu, ninjutsu, genjutsu, physical transformations, blood traits like SLO version of sharingan, byakugan, ect, which then have their own conditions before a member can use them, then after meeting those conditions members can use them, like in the series but using game mechanics.

You could do the same for orgs, but orgs are more buisness with agenda's, so multiple tree's to choose from, customized to roles the devs want orgs to fill, so tree's that reward boons exp money trading or more damage ect all that based on the roll, so a rogue thief/assassin org would choose a tree customized to more damage, stealth, stealing, back stab damage kind of thing. there's not really a limit to this kind of thing, if your passionate about this idea, we can really make something great.

If we get the base model for this game right, investors will get involved, we could get massive investment as well as someone to hold the servers and publish it under the current devs which would allow them to employ people to maintain important aspects giving the devs to drive the development in the directions they want whatever their end goal vision of this game is. I dont know what you guys have planned but this could be an option much later if we get this right.

I think Jutsu online is the game your looking for...this tread is trying to cover to much tree skills I do not think should be tied to clans or orgs.

Clans I think we're going to be charicter created...( simply players playing together changing there last name)

Offline Shocks

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 01:53:26 »
Then its not going to reach MMORPG standards in the long term? and jutsu online is a joke using WOW's base to make a game, make it your self lol.

If the system I suggested isn't to your liking, then what kind of game do you see SLO being at final product? If clans have no real meaning in the game, its a pointless system and people are putting effort into a system that has nothing to do with the actual game, its just character name which would really disappoint people.

I'm merely giving ideas that clans can be used whatever the devs already have planned ect.

You have a clan and org, so you wouldn't mind if the game you've donated too that aspires to be an MMORPG, said Clans and ORGS wont have any mechanics in game at all, just names, possibly cosmetics if we can get it to work.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:01:58 by Nova »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 12:33:48 »
The clans and orgs on the fourm are to gather players of like personally and perposes. So new people to the game have some place to go and play with people with the same goals... However it's extremely unlikely not impossible but unlikely that clans will receive any kind of special abuilitys let alown skill trees of there own.

There are currently to many clans on the forum already to give each one a special abuility and giving each a hole tree of there own is so unrealistic it crazy...

If you want to see my ideas on skill trees and skills I have made several posted about them
But basicly the skill trees should focuse on 6 or 7 basic Jutsu types I.e. Ninjutsu Fuinjutsu Taijutsu ex.

You will not be limited to your race tree like other MMORPG... Instead balance will come from the 2 systems you can train in stamina or chakra or some combination of both.

this game is not aiming to be like other MMORPG's. It's going to be better!!!

Edit: as an addition to my previous thought...
Clans although not having special abuilitys generally focuse on a specific skill tree so that that name will eventually become synonymous with that tree kinda like uchiha and genjutsu however not all uchiha use gen Jutsu obito for instance. There trying to accomplish the same thing in SOL. By alowing each player to train there charicter to fit there style of game play and created get balance at that level, your alowing for a more open game experience then any mmorpg has ever done before. Tieing trees to clans is a old and tired mmo concept. And would Limet the potential your character could  achieve.

Forbidden Jutsu and other secret Jutsu are planed for the game and clans my find and distribut these among only clan memebers achieving a form of what your kind of talking about but it will be up to players to keep there Jutsu secrets further  immersing players in the game and stimulating RP elements.

But in short no I don't care if my clan or orginazations is built in to the game... In fact I hope they are not.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 13:24:46 by cmsurfer »

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 16:16:49 »
Well you know *cough* in my opinion cmsurfer has a point on how clans are pretty much just a way for new players to make friends and way for all players to rp and have fun

but

Shock also makes some strong claims in regards to adding some life to clans for instance when he says

So I think it would be good for
clans, when they have an in
game interface for creation and
recruiting members, we already
have things like importing your
clan symbol etc, a description
allowing you to fill in text fields
for history ect, a list of clan
members and Edit:'Clan Leader History'....
Well I believe that's an obvious add-on or correct me if I'm wrong

Another good point was:
How do you feel about the
same system as WOW but
custom to SLO, so for clans,
they can select a skill tree
which by "contributing",
dungeons events earning gold
experience completing
missions ect, contribute points
to their clan
But perhaps he mixed it up when he referred to a skill tree to be the system that houses this interface as it would be better for a sort of milestone system to be added (e.g as Clan Complete 5000 C-rank missions) and boom you get money, reward which can be used to improve the clans HQ/Clothing/Jutsu Inventory/Used to sponsor new young Shinobi e.t.c of course it would be interesting to have some of those add-ons and instead use the money or Clan points earned as a sort of ranking system for the clan to see how it fairs against other clans (e.g the Kirishima is the richest Clan in the World, Himitsu is the strongest and the Tsukegami have completed the most S-rank missions and the overall greatest Clans and e.t.c), similar to how Clash Royale works

BUT

As you contribute the high
ranks of the clan or founder
and other leaders ect, would
spend points to unlock abilities,
skills, jutsu, ninjutsu, genjutsu,
physical transformations, blood
traits like SLO version of
sharingan, byakugan

Clearly you have not read the FAQ's bro, number one 'Transformations' won't be in from what I've heard and Kekkei Genkai(Blood lines) lad you won't earn that from some skill tree, you'll have to travel to the ends of the SLO and search for a Kekkei Genkai
But I can sorta see where you're tryna go with the whole idea of using points to improve and unlock skills and abilities but again no It'll be to easy, the only way to help clan members improve is by simply assigning them a sensei, I don't know if that'll be added or if there'll be any boost associated with having a sensei but that's a whole new thread which I leave for cmsurfer to do XD
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 18:29:16 »
I see what your saying yamasukage...
And some of those features should be for donators editions alowing a sort of clan bank owned by the clan leader that Grants access to clan memebers... But the only reason this would be nessessaraly is if some one loots somthing they can't use- which if some get there way- won't happen because it has bin suggested that everyone can do everything... Witch myself and others disagree with. So it's kinda a wait and see issue.
Its a little weird to think you can join a family line as clans I naruto are family blood lines... But If Any memeber joining a clan is invited/ adopted by the clan leader or officer then I think it could work...
Other wize your Character  is just:
First Name of the select village.

Offline Manuster

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 18:47:03 »
But perhaps he mixed it up when he referred to a skill tree to be the system that houses this interface as it would be better for a sort of milestone system to be added (e.g as Clan Complete 5000 C-rank missions) and boom you get money, reward which can be used to improve the clans HQ/Clothing/Jutsu Inventory/Used to sponsor new young Shinobi e.t.c of course it would be interesting to have some of those add-ons and instead use the money or Clan points earned as a sort of ranking system for the clan to see how it fairs against other clans (e.g the Kirishima is the richest Clan in the World, Himitsu is the strongest and the Tsukegami have completed the most S-rank missions and the overall greatest Clans and e.t.c), similar to how Clash Royale works

damn....thats good
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Shocks

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 06:34:16 »
Well you know *cough* in my opinion cmsurfer has a point on how clans are pretty much just a way for new players to make friends and way for all players to rp and have fun

but

Shock also makes some strong claims in regards to adding some life to clans for instance when he says

So I think it would be good for
clans, when they have an in
game interface for creation and
recruiting members, we already
have things like importing your
clan symbol etc, a description
allowing you to fill in text fields
for history ect, a list of clan
members and Edit:'Clan Leader History'....
Well I believe that's an obvious add-on or correct me if I'm wrong

Another good point was:
How do you feel about the
same system as WOW but
custom to SLO, so for clans,
they can select a skill tree
which by "contributing",
dungeons events earning gold
experience completing
missions ect, contribute points
to their clan

BUT

As you contribute the high
ranks of the clan or founder
and other leaders ect, would
spend points to unlock abilities,
skills, jutsu, ninjutsu, genjutsu,
physical transformations, blood
traits like SLO version of
sharingan, byakugan

Clearly you have not read the FAQ's bro, number one 'Transformations' won't be in from what I've heard and Kekkei Genkai(Blood lines) lad you won't earn that from some skill tree, you'll have to travel to the ends of the SLO and search for a Kekkei Genkai
But I can sorta see where you're tryna go with the whole idea of using points to improve and unlock skills and abilities but again no It'll be to easy, the only way to help clan members improve is by simply assigning them a sensei, I don't know if that'll be added or if there'll be any boost associated with having a sensei but that's a whole new thread which I leave for cmsurfer to do XD

@Yamasukage
You make a good point but missed mine? I think too many are misinterpreting my "examples" for something else. I have read the FAQ but i'm looking into the future of the game and the scale it could reach with proper funding if a successful base model is created.

The problem with searching the world for Kekkei Genkai, is too many people will be able to get them, clans will be obsolete, the only idea of clans is "Blood Lines" a family of unique traits.

To this system we are saying, if you wanted sharingan go to that mountain and there's a big tree, turn left and there's a book that will give it to you, doesn't that sound like WTF lol.

Kekkei Genkai are blood line abilities specific to blood traits, the whole idea from naruto is Blood and Ascenstry, we are saying "no f that" lol, "the most powerful abilities player can get, you can pick up off the ground" ect. Meaning everyone has ACCESS to EVERYTHING, you know what the result of that is, CHAOS and complete imbalance, because players will go for the most powerful to compete with others, so if something is OP all the competitive players will go for that power during that period, meaning devs will have to rebalance the game over all, nurfs and whatnot, as a result there will be the new OP because every ability is difference, its mathematically impossible to create a perfectly balanced system where everyone is EQUAL in terms of ability because everyone has access to everything.

Now we have chakra releases correct? once you are locked, you are locked to using those releases, so why is kekkei genkai easier to get? and more accessable? when its over all more powerful in description to begin with let alone with actual game mechanics?

The reason I mentioned clans in this respect is that clans could have the ability to "select" from several skill tree's involving Kekkei Genkai and other traits that will help a clan be successfull. This means people will lean towards "communities" that have the abilities they want, and it will be more difficult to switch powers competitivly.

This also makes balancing competitive play much easier, because you can balance a tree over all, instead of everyone switching they let you know the balance of this and that ect, and you adjust the tree to those results, this creates a natural balance in almost "class specifics" or "roles" if you like.

See where i'm coming from? this is examples with tests and results I've seen over the years of various systems.
What we're talking about is the difference betweens these two games:
Sherwood & World of Warcraft
Play both and you will understand exactly where I'm coming from.

The bases of this is, the devs already have clans in which they can create and base skills and Kekkei Genkai on, not making a skill tree for each clan but maybe several tree's which a clan on creation can select from, and once they do they must stick with it and contribute to the clan over all to unlock more benefits/rewards "access to more content, more utility" this is a balanced way of using something as powerful as Kekkei Genkai. And like you said with completing missions and the comparison list to other clans in terms of rank exp ect is a nice system we already know that system works in other MMORPG.

The Difference, is your talking about a system that is hundreds of times easier to make, equal or worse in terms of breaking the combat balance, and even harder to fix and rebalance, and over all comes across like an old-school shockwave game put into an application.

What I'm Talking About, is a doing things right the first time, a Final Product which players will play more than 1 week to 6 months before getting bored of all the high levels having the most ridiculous abilities because they played longer and found all the kekkei genkai  :-\. Or because there's no variety of choice, its just Level, Search Collect most powerful abilities and wreck everyone, there's no RP in that other than what players come up with in their heads, if you want true RP you need roles and earned abilities like kekkei genkai, the reward of sticking with a clan and reaching the full extent of the kekkei genkai because you all worked hard at it, Work = Reward and that keeps players interested and builds a stronger community which encourages more players to join, you could have clan limits, and only by reaching a certain rank like Chunin or whatever the system might be, you can increase the max size and recruit more people.

Again - Examples
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 06:54:55 by Shocks »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 12:39:14 »
I'm glad your trying to see the game from a completed stand point... That being said I think you have the wrong ideas about clans in naruto.

Think about this... Is the shadow possession Jutsu a Kekkei genki... No but only the Nara clan uses it... Why because they have protected it. Only a small amount of clans have Kekkei genki in naruto... To prevent  exactly what your talking about... People just picking up a powerful Kekkei genki simply by joining a clan clans will not have special abuilitys.

There will be 6 to 7 skill trees that players can use and design there play styles most clan members will likely have similar play styles that the perposes of the strengths and weaknesses part of clan creation.

Balance will come from a realistic system not from balance of  abuilitys like wow and other mmos have done... If everyone has the same physical limmetations then Jutsu will have a cap as well then it becomes about game play skill and less about how has the most powerful Jutsu

Kekkei genki in clans would be awesome if it were posable... But you would not get the same abuilitys that you see in the anima... This would lead to disappointments and  ultimately people not even giving it a chance less then a week. Like wise we could not even call them the same things...many new people have come and the first thing they want to know is can they get the sharingan... Having 1000 different clans out there with a sharengon type abuility makes no sence eather... Better to let clans collect Jutsu and keep them from others then to clutter the world with week uchiha wannabes.

Try to set aside your preconceived notions of what a mmorpg should look and play like.
If somthing doesn't work Vreg and the rest of the dev's will make changes as needed before anything is released as a finale product.

All games go through trial and error ideas and haveing this idea out here is not bad... Its hard when some one disagrees with a Idea you are convinced is right.. But criticism of the dev's and the direction there going is ignorance of the highest order. The direction chosen may have roots in somthing you have not considered, and cannot be changed.

Keep the ideas coming shocks the more ideas generated the better chance this game has for success, and we all want to see how amazing this game could be. But read over the forum Realy well.. You may find out why some things are in place the way they are.. And then try and add suggestions that add momentum to the direction the game is going.

Offline Shocks

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 18:59:55 »
Again mate examples LOL, missing my points, just ideas and examples of other successful models i use wow because of its popularity and over all growth.

and i do, but a reward system for clans and orgs would be a good implement regardless of jutsu and kekkei genkai and something to look at and perhaps invest time in.

i get you totally, every game has T&E, its part of the whole process like anything else ect, but im just thinking about minimizing massive changes in game mechanics later, so like you said the more ideas the better, I just wish the devs could have a little more time to speak with us in topics like this and if they already have a system they are going to use so we could give them suggestions on those specific areas.

outside of that loads of clans having sharingan, again i agree, it was an example, its going to be a hard thing. but with something as POWERFUL as sharingan, in your example for instance, because again going out and finding the sharingan, 2 large problems, 1 the people keep it to them selves or get bored log off and dont come back, or again we have multiple clans with the same abilities.again more than 1 clan would have sharingan? so maybe the devs could create clans based off of the ones the community have created? and separate them by kekkei genkai, this meaning the top best clans in terms of art and description history depth ect, the community could vote on the list and at the end the top ranks are made and separate into villages, just one idea. AND, i did say players in a clan when joining would have to meet the conditions of the ability to use them, not just join and receive.

This means the community would have contributed a huge amount of personalization and hard work that was actually put into the game, thats an amazing way for devs to treat their communities, as we see in alot of big games devs dont wanna listen its all about the money, but some are listening, very carefully and getting involved and making the community known for what they contribute and being rewarded for it, great direction for any gaming community to go.

Again just an idea :P

and P.S. I have no preconceived notions of what a mmorpg should look and play like.
BUT i care enough to say where i see success and where i dont and ideas to combat the 2nd and ways to improve the first based over 21 years of gaming and 10 years of developing.

i'm not criticizing the devs either :/ they have crafted a system that they have to be realistic in terms of game mechanics, but it has room to be tweaked and moved around and other things tried in the base system, they may in a years time find a new system based on the forums so you have to be honest about what you can see and what ideas you have for it.

and on a topic like this, i've come across a few areas where people like to start shit or bicker or criticise or belittle, the forums are for ideas, analysis and debate, not petty remarks and assumptions.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 19:04:37 by Shocks »

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 21:21:24 »
a reward system for clans and orgs would be a good implement regardless of jutsu and kekkei genkai and something to look at and perhaps invest time in.

I suggest you look over these threads to get an idea of what is already out there...

https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=2446.0

https://www.shinobilifeonline.com/index.php?topic=1854.msg24393#msg24393

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun