Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 54783
Latest: Spenis
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 55275
Total Topics: 3337
Most Online Today: 2071
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1556
Total: 1571
Google (15)

Author Topic: Basic Jutsu/Skills & Renegeration  (Read 2990 times)

Offline Shocks

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Shocks has no influence.
  • Motsomoto - Balance is almost impossible, almost.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hitomi

Basic Jutsu/Skills & Renegeration
« on: July 30, 2016, 06:56:58 »
Right starting off I've read alot and seen the videos and understand that alot of jutsu were removed because of bugs, but looking at whats currently left i'm confused.

We have a fire skill short range
We have an air medium to long range
and a lightning skill melee range

no chakra charge?
no healing skill (very little chance of bugs)
no basic genjutsu? (on hit scramble controls, count-down timer)

I think in coming updates we will need a long range Headling, 1 Basic Genjutsu with practicle uses and
Fire-Ball with long range slow-medium fast casting time with large radius
a long range fast moving water bullet or wave (much faster than air bullet, less radius but faster and more damage)
Air Bullet (needs force applied to object hit, just saying it would be nice)
A Melee Range earth wall (either in front or around caster)

We also need not a jutsu that requires chakra and hand signs but a skill like jump and run, that allows us to teleport a long distance forward, like in the series where you vanish and appear somewhere, something like that but with a cooldown timer to prevent abuse, this would be great for escaping or closing gaps or just getting to a location faster.

We do need faster chakra regenerations or skills to use less of it for better combat. (The 2nd one probably best.)

• Character Name: Motsomoto Hitomi

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Re: Basic Jutsu/Skills & Renegeration
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 15:42:55 »
Right starting off I've read alot and seen the videos and understand that alot of jutsu were removed because of bugs, but looking at whats currently left i'm confused.

no chakra charge?

I think in coming updates we will need a long range Headling, 1 Basic Genjutsu with practicle uses and
a long range fast moving water bullet or wave (much faster than air bullet, less radius but faster and more damage)

We also need not a jutsu that requires chakra and hand signs but a skill like jump and run, that allows us to teleport a long distance forward, like in the series where you vanish and appear somewhere, something like that but with a cooldown timer to prevent abuse, this would be great for escaping or closing gaps or just getting to a location faster.

We do need faster chakra regenerations or skills to use less of it for better combat. (The 2nd one probably best.)

Yes, those are the three jutsu we have. Yes, we have chakra recharge -- but it only occurs (increased recharge speed) when you're out of combat for a few seconds or are standing completely still, otherwise the chakra recharge is slow whilst you're in combat; and no, we don't have a specific button for it, mainly because of the reasons stated above. I can agree with the healing skill, but I don't believe that's a priority atm -- and genjutsu at this point might be asking just a *bit* too much, so don't be sure of that coming any time soon.

If I may pry, why a long-range heal? Wouldn't that be just a *wee* bit OP considering what it could do paired with Chidori-spammers? In my own opinion, healing for now is better left short-ranged, as it means you need to protect your healer if you want them to be effective on the battlefield.

I definitely agree with a faster long-range jutsu, or just a bit of a speed increase on the wind-bullet; any player with half a brain can see it coming a mile away, have lunch and then still have enough time to dodge.

Earth-Dome is coming, so that should solve your problem there. Not sure what the point of a teleport would be considering it would HAVE to take chakra -- and in terms of speedy-travel, you could always just rocket to speed 60 and then double-hulk-jump to wherever you needed to get.

And while I've heard the argument for faster chakra regeneration *within* combat quite a few times, I'm still inclined to be opposed to it (though, of course, everybody's got a different opinion on the subject). Personally, I feel that a faster in-combat chakra regen would make the current version of chidori sooooo damned OP -- it's already difficult enough as is when you have to dodge a consistent wave of 6 chidori in a row before they run out of chakra...only to then dodge another few due to the way it's designed. This is because other jutsu such as FB and WB require that you keep the jutsu *active*, thereby rendering your ability to regenerate chakra within combat almost null and void, whilst chidori has no such requirement -- one hit, the jutsu is finished, and chakra regeneration (though slow) is still able to recoup faster than those of the breath/bullet jutsu. In essence, it'd make using anything outside of Chidori pointless, because Chidori is the most effective in combat, and would then be capable of being continuously spammed; to the point at which the more skilled 'Lancers' wouldn't ever need to take a breather.

Pretty sure we're all looking forward to some new jutsu though (New toys, yaaaaay!).
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline SpeakingRain

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • SpeakingRain has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Hyakki Yagyō

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 17:17:19 »

no chakra charge?

I would say no to long distance healing, just because it isn't lore friendly. However, I think short range medical ninjutsu should come after whatever water ninjutsu they implement. And then Tsunade's nerve scramble jutsu (which scrambles controls) could be an offshoot of medical ninjutsu.

The Earth Dome they have is effective and pretty cool. You can either cast it around yourself or at a target about 150m away.

As for a teleportation jutsu, I don't know. I think substitution jutsu should definitely be a thing, perhap similair to how Ultimate Ninja Storm. (If you press a button when they're about to attack, you teleport/quickstep behind them as their attack hits a log/nothing)

• Character Name: Ginko
Find true freedom. Join the Land of Wolves, free from the corrupt Kage system.

Offline lollernoob9

• Temari Sennin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • lollernoob9 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Amigake
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Niwatori
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 17:25:23 »
All that is planned about already, dont worry tho, we all posted threads like this when we first joined lol
  • Character Name: Shishida Amigake
A danger foreseen is half avoided.

Offline Shocks

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Shocks has no influence.
  • Motsomoto - Balance is almost impossible, almost.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hitomi

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 17:53:18 »

no chakra charge?

Yes, those are the three jutsu we have. Yes, we have chakra recharge -- but it only occurs (increased recharge speed) when you're out of combat for a few seconds or are standing completely still, otherwise the chakra recharge is slow whilst you're in combat; and no, we don't have a specific button for it, mainly because of the reasons stated above. I can agree with the healing skill, but I don't believe that's a priority atm -- and genjutsu at this point might be asking just a *bit* too much, so don't be sure of that coming any time soon.

If I may pry, why a long-range heal? Wouldn't that be just a *wee* bit OP considering what it could do paired with Chidori-spammers? In my own opinion, healing for now is better left short-ranged, as it means you need to protect your healer if you want them to be effective on the battlefield.

I definitely agree with a faster long-range jutsu, or just a bit of a speed increase on the wind-bullet; any player with half a brain can see it coming a mile away, have lunch and then still have enough time to dodge.

Earth-Dome is coming, so that should solve your problem there. Not sure what the point of a teleport would be considering it would HAVE to take chakra -- and in terms of speedy-travel, you could always just rocket to speed 60 and then double-hulk-jump to wherever you needed to get.

And while I've heard the argument for faster chakra regeneration *within* combat quite a few times, I'm still inclined to be opposed to it (though, of course, everybody's got a different opinion on the subject). Personally, I feel that a faster in-combat chakra regen would make the current version of chidori sooooo damned OP -- it's already difficult enough as is when you have to dodge a consistent wave of 6 chidori in a row before they run out of chakra...only to then dodge another few due to the way it's designed. This is because other jutsu such as FB and WB require that you keep the jutsu *active*, thereby rendering your ability to regenerate chakra within combat almost null and void, whilst chidori has no such requirement -- one hit, the jutsu is finished, and chakra regeneration (though slow) is still able to recoup faster than those of the breath/bullet jutsu. In essence, it'd make using anything outside of Chidori pointless, because Chidori is the most effective in combat, and would then be capable of being continuously spammed; to the point at which the more skilled 'Lancers' wouldn't ever need to take a breather.

Pretty sure we're all looking forward to some new jutsu though (New toys, yaaaaay!).

Yo apologies for some of the typos it was gone 4 in the morning and I was working on alot lol, I didn't mean a long range heal i should have checked over what I had wrote but i went to bed after posting.

Self Heal & Melee Range Heal, again I was surprised this wasn't an option at this stage as it has potential to have minimal bugs (coding).

Chakra Regeneration > I did say that the 2nd option would be better meaning adjust how much chakra each skill uses, for the time being while updates are being worked on, the first thing people complain about is the hitboxes and not having chakra very quickly in a fight. It will be a while before stats and levels come out increasing how much chakra we have to begin with so its more fun for players in death match to have that extra freedom.

Wind Bullet > Exactly lool I mean you can hit with it, i've heard there's been an update for aiming better with it which i'm glad to hear and looking forward to seeing, again though considering this is a "Wind Bullet" implying its dangerous and fast moving the actual dynamics of it don't fit that, more of a ghost balls or something.

Teleport > This is just an idea that plays into the series a little bit more, and considering we will have Taijutsu which will use Stamina? Not Chakra, I think a teleport would be nice, I understand for now it won't happen but maybe later on if there's a method of fast travel this could be used instead, choose a fast travel location and you vanish (with the blinking lines from most anims) and have them again when you appear after the loading screen in your new location.

I was also thinking lastnight, do you guys have an Ice Jutsu planned? something that will freeze someone in place, I know generally you want genjutsu to have this kind of thing but it would be nice.

Also, Genjutsu or Ninjutsu, Hidden Mist would be nice, blanket an area in a thick fog making it hard to see would be great. But for this either have to improve sound by location and radius or create a follow up jutsu or ability attatched to casting hidden mist to see people inside the radius.
  • Character Name: Motsomoto Hitomi

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent