Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 54784
Latest: maikecamargo
New This Month: 6
New This Week: 1
New Today: 1
Stats
Total Posts: 55275
Total Topics: 3337
Most Online Today: 2071
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 0
Guests: 1495
Total: 1511
Google (15)
Baidu

Author Topic: Game Development Priorities!?  (Read 11036 times)

Offline DaisukeSan

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • DaisukeSan has no influence.
  • Cant wait 2 play dis game
    • View Profile
Game Development Priorities!?
« on: July 16, 2016, 13:01:21 »
Well I'm not sure if I'm correct but I think this game should stop worrying about graphical properties or developing something we already have we can worry about that later we need to worry about content first then develop those later and after this work on things like buildings and different areas in game.

We should focus on creating ALL aspects of the game first then worry about polishing up the jutsus or the graphics and such. For example creating an exp bar, gaining exp ,the inventory ,how the items work, armour, weapons, also creating a melee style of attack (probably left/right click game with combo's and stuff) looting, leveling skills,character creation,NPC's ,currency,weapon upgrades,game area and villages and forests and stuff, a quest line?!....etc.

It's a long list which I think we're all prepared to wait for, for a game with amazing possibilities but we need a foundation which most mmorpg's have and we don't have yet but instead we are worrying about server capacity and specific skill hitboxes instead we should be getting the skills then working on them later. I agree server capacity is important and it costs ALOT of money but if you work on everything else you can save up and then buy whatever you need (if that's how it works...) .I love this game already with the graphics and even the gameplay at this point in time but i'm afraid that without stronger foundations the game's development may stop! We all want to avoid this as this game is a new idea everyone will look forward to.

If you think I'm completely wrong please say because in the end all I want is the game to develop into something amazing and any moderators please say what you are thinking of developing. :D

• Character Name: DaisukeSan
Haters gonna Hate...Always so just give em this.

Offline DarthTyrael

• Hidden Dust Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • DarthTyrael has no influence.
  • I try to assist wherever I can.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
Re: Game Development Priorities!?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 13:16:45 »
Hello Daisuke.

First of all welcome to SLO I believe I haven't seen your introduction yet ^^;

As for your point: SLO is currently in a pre-alpha state, meaning that the core movement mechanics and combat mechanics are tested by players to get a sense on what they can expect in the near future. I can understand your point, but as of right now, the developers are trying to complete the basics first, then move on to 'filling' up the game. (You need a good dough first for a good pie.)

As of right now the developers are very busy trying to create more jutsu's and more ways for players to maneuver themselves around the battlefield. (i.e. wall walking, <insert EARTHDOMEHYPE.exe here>), as well as other mechanics (aim-mode).

Do keep in mind that again, this game is far from complete. Nevertheless, the graphics they -have- implemented show that they aim for a realistic sense (not anime) and the mechanics, though incomplete, show realism and a lot of options for players.

The developers have a life of their own as well and are doing this in their spare time basically, so the game doesn't get updated often. However, we should be expecting an update soon-ish.
Aside that, (correct me if I'm wrong) but the team isn't very large either so time-wise AND resource-wise, development -will- be slow, but worth the wait (trust me).

They tend to tease our community though with pictures/gifs/movies of what they've created in the forum's chatbox, so keep an eye on that ;) (Example: latest tease).

Hope I've informed you plentifully.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 13:25:16 by DarthTyrael »

"A village without a Kage is lost for some time, but a Kage without a village is lost forever"

Join Hidden Dust's Discord server!

Offline DaisukeSan

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 13:28:02 »
Well thanks for the info that clears up most of my queries with development :)

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 13:31:45 »
If they had done that, people would get a bad first impression of the game, which is something they'd avoid I think.
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2016, 13:44:07 »
@DaisukeSan

What you are taking about is a alpha build which is what we are working towards .

Stamina bar will be introduced soon. And exp as a form of leveling anyway will not be in this game. There are not level characters, there ranked by battle ELO.

The direction the game is headed and thought out Is well established. making Visual components are time savers when you don't have the time to devote to core components.
It's better to do smaller projects like sampling Jutsu, then to continually start and stop over and over- specially on somthing as critical ac core components.

But your not wrong
For example creating an exp bar, gaining exp ,the inventory ,how the items work, armour, weapons, also creating a melee style of attack (probably left/right click game with combo's and stuff) looting, leveling skills,character creation,NPC's ,currency,weapon upgrades,game area and villages and forests and stuff, a quest line?!....etc.
Are important and some of these are in fact made Like weapons and a world map.

Weapons in this game need not be upgraded,
As any thing in the hands of a ninja is already upgraded to its max efficiency... Ninja skills is all that needs to be added to increase weapon damage and effectiveness.

Charicters skills and stats will lead to a alpha build that we can then build a quest line to in the bata. Somewhere in there NPC's will be added as well.

We almost have a good bass for charicter stats already with chakra. We need some form of stamina witch there is already talk of and AI development has bin mentioned too.

I Just wan to be the voice of reason here because by the time I'm done weighting this I'm sure your going to be getting a lot of bad responses to this as many here have bin waiting for much much longer then you... My advice is to be patient. We all want this to be good but rushing the process will not help.

Offline DaisukeSan

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 13:52:38 »
@cmsurfer

Im not wanting to rush but i wanted to know what the course of action was for the game I was just wondering but the information was very helpful thank you :)

Offline Manuster

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 14:10:07 »
@DaisukeSan

As any thing in the hands of a ninja is already upgraded to its max efficiency... Ninja skills is all that needs to be added to increase weapon damage and effectiveness.

I believe that weapons and armor will not be upgradeable. They can be infused with chakra but no crappy RPG boosts.
A kunai will be a kunai for both a Kage and AS.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2016, 14:32:01 »
@DaisukeSan

I believe that weapons and armor will not be upgradeable. They can be infused with chakra but no crappy RPG boosts.

There obviously must be some swords that are stronger than some others. Kisame's sword..

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2016, 14:38:35 »
@DaisukeSan

XD let's be realistic a Kunai in the hand of a Kage isn't just kunai its going to be a weapon of mass destruction
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 15:30:45 »
XD let's be realistic a Kunai in the hand of a Kage isn't just kunai its going to be a weapon of mass destruction

Yes.. but what we are saying is the same kunai is picked up by a Genine... That kunai will not have the same effect as when the kage wielded
It. So it's not the kunai that's stronger and it's not the strength of the ninja, it's there skill in using the weapon that makes the difference.

Offline DaisukeSan

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 19:34:43 »
@cmsurfur

Ok looking at this what about Minato's Kunai? That was op as fudge. Also having different Kunai (hopefully with different effects)adds a sense of development to the game. If you don't have different weapons we might as well say the same for amour

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 19:38:51 »
@cmsurfur

Ok looking at this what about Minato's Kunai? That was op as fudge. Also having different Kunai (hopefully with different effects)adds a sense of development to the game. If you don't have different weapons we might as well say the same for amour

Minato's knife can only be used by shinobi that knows the jutsus and stuff that Minato knows, in the hands of a normal shinobi it's useless.

Offline DaisukeSan

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 19:41:49 »
I thought all you had to do was put chakra in the knife and throw it and it teleported you that's why naruto could use it

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 19:44:35 »
I thought all you had to do was put chakra in the knife and throw it and it teleported you that's why nary to could use it

I don't think that's the case, the technique was called "Flying Thunder God Technique". It's obviously only able to work with shinobi that has learned it.

Offline DaisukeSan

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2016, 19:48:24 »
It definitely involves imputing chakra as that's the reason the knife had a tag on it but I think it also involves chakra nature(wind) which is probably why naruto could use it

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent
Konohuro