Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 75135
Latest: tonodellamada
New This Month: 550
New This Week: 114
New Today: 23
Stats
Total Posts: 208990
Total Topics: 126115
Most Online Today: 2369
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 18
Guests: 2337
Total: 2366

Author Topic: Vulnerable to Genjutsu  (Read 6274 times)

Offline Manuster

Re: Vulnerable to Genjutsu
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2016, 19:48:44 »
Lmao ^^^ everyone knows how good Genjutsu  can be xD no need to turn this to a Genjutsu appreciation thread :p

This however;

If you create a clan who specializes in genjutsu+taijutsu/ninjutsu, it would mean all the others are weakness. But don't your weaknesses coincide with other clan's strengths?

How I see the clan strength/weakness system: when you are clanless, you decide how your want your character to be, ex: good at kenjutsu, weak at genjutsu. Then you search for a clan who has the same characteristics as you, as no one can force you to have a certain weakness because of your clan except yourself.

is some good shit lol

since I dont use kenjutsu, in a fight with a kenjutsu user, I'd be at a disadvantage

it's not that i take more hits from kenjutsu than say, taijutsu.

It's just that I don't use kenjutsu.

By lots of clans putting genjutsu as their weakness.

They simply won't use it
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2016, 10:58:32 »
I'm not under estimating genjutsu... It is a powerful tool because it's only limited by the human imagination. I think your over estimating what genjutsu will be able to do in SLO...at least in the direction it's going now.

A real genjutsu changes reality for the target...
Some of this can be done with the charicter  appearance and controls- I.e cc effects... But this is not the only thing genjutsu can do it can also effect what the player sees... And that would meen changing the actual world there in with out there knowlage. 

its way to much to program... It makes making a chakra bassed Jutsu like earth dome seem like a pet project for a 3 year old.

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2016, 15:54:22 »
I'm not under estimating genjutsu... It is a powerful tool because it's only limited by the human imagination. I think your over estimating what genjutsu will be able to do in SLO...at least in the direction it's going now.

A real genjutsu changes reality for the target...
Some of this can be done with the charicter  appearance and controls- I.e cc effects... But this is not the only thing genjutsu can do it can also effect what the player sees... And that would meen changing the actual world there in with out there knowlage. 

its way to much to program... It makes making a chakra bassed Jutsu like earth dome seem like a pet project for a 3 year old.

Actually, I under-valued it for the purposes of the argument, because I too recognized you simply can't go over-the-top on Genjutsu, due to the amount of time and energy it would take to implement the sheer range of illusions it can produce. My main point was that people underestimate its use in a *practical* sense, that they often fail to see how a relatively 'weak' jutsu focus could be turned into a "Shinobi's best friend", if you will. So far as I remember, Vreg stated that Genjutsu would be something along the lines of more simple things, like blue-screening enemy players for brief periods of time or reversing their controls -- but it's exactly *because* these effects are so small that they would be very effective at catching the majority of players off-guard.

That isn't to say this topic should be --as Manuster put it-- turned into a Genjutsu appreciation ceremony; rather, clan/org creators should recognize the value in subtlety that such a focus can bring, and as such shouldn't automatically rule it out as a clan/org focus when it comes to strengths. In fewer words: Don't exclude certain jutsu/roles so excessively, it's far greater to have a wide variety of specializations than it is to have a number of clones running about the place.

--Which basically ties this back into the focus of this topic in the first place. There's little reason to copy each other guys -- instead, try looking at what everyone else has, and deciding on what to use based off of what's *not* being used. Add a little variety to the clans/orgs.

Edit: I just saw that profile-pic for Manuster XD)
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Recent Topics

Top Posters

HyonHighsmith
training71
FrankJScott
Aliceref
Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
MaryannSok
m4r1us
SidusanFlivy