Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 54784
Latest: ganovuwacele
New This Month: 6
New This Week: 9
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 55275
Total Topics: 3337
Most Online Today: 2175
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1893
Total: 1909
Vreg
Google (15)

Author Topic: Clan Suggestion  (Read 12808 times)

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

Re: Clan Suggestion
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 13:21:39 »
2 things about this

I think you misunderstand. What I mean to say is that you only get this tree when being accepted into an official clan. By "Make your own clan" I mean simply don't join one. Say you make a character named Mike Smith, he's now part of the "Smith" clan. He doesn't get anything for it, but he technically just created his own clan.

Getting stat boosts for joining a clan is a little far fetched to me as well. Because then anyone in a clan is just systematically better than somebody who isn't. He doesn't have to sacrifice say his water style jutsu mastery for anything, because now he's just automatically faster and stronger than anybody not in his clan. The clan jutsu would need to come at the cost of mastering other things, or else you're literally the same as everyone else except you have more jutsu.

1- I get were your coming from and Mars is right for this to work it would have to be the dev's that monitor and approve as well as make and give clans what ever tree that clan needs- deserves.
But this is a lot of work if you can make your own clan simple creating a last name..

2- as for the stat thing:
The Idea is that everyone that makes a character needs to eather pick from a list of existing clans( all with clan traits that show the stat bonus and with clan Jutsu, if the clan has bin around long enough to get/find one, listed)
Or make your own clan
If you make your own by entering the name smith -to use your example -a stat modifier screen lets you take 2 point and move them to another- not giving you more points to add
Then once in 1000 players a baby is born (player created )with exceptional attributes
(stats) and might get 2 point extra as well as the option to take 2 points from others adding up to 2 points extra in 2 stats. But this way there are up sides to both joining an existing clan and creating one yourself.

As the definition of a clan heavily implies family taies it's strange already to get to choose what clan your in... No one can choose the family there born into in real life. So going a little further and letting you choose if there's somthing you want to be particularly good in, at the expense of something else, is not that much more fare fetched. Naruto was born with a lot of physical energy and strength, but he is week in intelligence and dexterity, he had to train Realy hard to get good at throwing shuraken and kuni. And he never Realy got all that bright.

And so stats should only effect how easy or hard it is for you to learn somthing and maybe play a role in the amount of chakra you have. Everyone can still learn everything it might just make things harder for some then others witch is realistic.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 13:25:28 by cmsurfer »

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2016, 14:15:33 »
Or maybe, the Devs could say that a clan with let's say 1000 members, will get the privilege to choose one of a selected few abilities, even get to be able to add their own "clan tattoo" in.

Someone would maybe choose to make his clan skilled Genjutsu ninja, so he'd want that all his clan members gets an increase at Genjutsu stats. Or somthing like that.
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2016, 15:24:55 »
Or maybe, the Devs could say that a clan with let's say 1000 members, will get the privilege to choose one of a selected few abilities, even get to be able to add their own "clan tattoo" in.

Someone would maybe choose to make his clan skilled Genjutsu ninja, so he'd want that all his clan members gets an increase at Genjutsu stats. Or somthing like that.

I'm not sure size of a clan should matter all that much. sence everyone but that 1 in a 1000 player has the same number of points In There stats just distributed difently. What will make a clan well known is strangth of Jutsu or numbers
Obviously you going to remember a last name you see it everywere like Smith or Lee
But a clans size dose not deserve any extra reworded for being popular.
If a clan has only 4 members but there all kaga ranked and have traind for a Realy long time to be that why... Why should they loose out to a clan of 1000 genin ranked players. If clan abuilitys are going to be handed out ...it should be to the clans with the highest combined ranking of all the members.
Basically reword abuilitys not popularity... Don't you all get  enough of that in high school!!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 15:30:10 by cmsurfer »

Offline Isis

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2016, 18:37:32 »

That wouldn't work. Because then, everyone would just apply to the most populated clan, regardless if they actually like the clan for what it is or not.

The way I see it, it would work like this :

1 - Have a population limit to create a clan. (Anywhere between 4 and 8 members is fine)

2 - Make some sort of clan tournament, (maybe DM) in which there would be two or three winning clans from each village. Those winning clans get special abilities.

3 - Winning clans get a population limit so that not everyone applies hoping to get exclusive powers. Maybe ten or twenty more members prior to what they had before the tournament would be fine. Winning clan's leaders would then have to be careful who they accept. These clans will have a much higher standard and players will have to prove themselves to be a part of it. If you see a member of that clan, you would instantly know that they must be skilled, since they made it to that clan. That way they will possess special powers, but not mass numbers.

With your suggestion, a clan would have both: special powers and high population.
  • Character Name: Isis

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2016, 19:03:00 »
Again having a lot of members In a clan will not help the clan of its bassed on the clans memebers average rank in fact it would be easer to get a higher ranking if your clan had only a few high ranking ninja in it. Remember that these Jutsu we are talking about need not be granted only onece. If the shadow possession Jutsu is the reword for the first time the clan wins it... The next time they get the shadow strangle - after that the shadow stichiching. I'm not saying clans should not have a player cap but I have a feeling players will die before a sufficient player cap is reached.
100 to 200 members is a Realy good size clan.
I would expect a clan like this to have hidden
 jutsu's
So the highest ranking clan gets the Jutsu
Say once a year.
If there are 5  leagues bassed on population
1-10, 11-24, 25-50, 50-100, and 100-200
200 being the cap
Then the dev's only need to come out With 5 Jutsu every year.
Over time this will lead to clans that are known for a specific Jutsu... But they still need to protect them... And remember joining a clan with a lot of people even one that has a hidden Jutsu- DOSE NOT mean you will be able to learn it as soon as you join. Each league should have a correspondingly  difficult Jutsu. so you can as a genin join a clan with a Jutsu like the mind distraction Jutsu or the shadow  stitching Jutsu, but you must still train to a point to be able to learn it.
But I think the clan founder should have the right to deside who he lets in the clan... We can all agree on that right??
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 20:06:04 by cmsurfer »

Offline Zama

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Zama has no influence.
  • 2Kawaii2live2Sugoi2Die
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2016, 19:48:46 »
But I think the clan founder should have the right to deside how he lets in the clan... We can all agree on that right??

From a gaming perspective, yes. From a realistic perspective, you can't really choose who'sin your family. I'm interested to see what decision the devs make on this matter.
  • Character Name: Zama

Offline Manuster

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2016, 21:17:40 »
Each league should have a correspondingly  difficult Jutsu. so you can as a genin join a clan with a Jutsu like the mind distraction Jutsu or the shadow  stitching Jutsu, but you must still train to a point to be able to learn it.

But what you're suggesting is that the strongest clans will simply have the most players? A small clan will never have the possibility to become powerful. Imo that's not fair, if this idea is to be implemented, I'd suggest it was similar to KKG, where a clan makes one (if they want) and the jutsu is (possibly) added to the game.

The only difference between normal jutsu and clan jutsu would be either:
  • Members of the clan being able to use the jutsu at a lower chakra cost.
  • Members of the clan being able to use the jutsu more effectively.
  • Both of the above.
  • All the copies/ The only copy of the scroll is given to the clan leader at the start of the game.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Isis

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2016, 21:23:54 »
Again having a lot of members In a clan will not help the clan of its bassed on the clans memebers average rank in fact it would be easer to get a higher ranking if your clan had only a few high ranking ninja in it. Remember that these Jutsu we are talking about need not be granted only onece. If the shadow possession Jutsu is the reword for the first time the clan wins it... The next time they get the shadow strangle - after that the shadow stichiching. I'm not saying clans should not have a player cap but I have a feeling players will die before a sufficient player cap is reached.

Not necessarily. If you're in a clan that has a special ability, does not really mean it will be easier to climb the clan's ranks. Sure, there might be less people, but each and every one of them will be highly-skilled. They are strictly-chosen shinobi. They have exclusive powers, so they have less quantity but more quality. It would not be easy making it to the top ranks of that clan.

Also, you're right. At first, those clans that do get exclusive powers might have some inactive players from the past. But that wouldn't last long. If there is a clan limit, these inactive players will be replaced with much better players who are guaranteed to stay for a long-term period.

• Character Name: Isis

Offline Manuster

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2016, 21:50:48 »

Also, you're right. At first, those clans that do get exclusive powers might have some inactive players from the past. But that wouldn't last long. If there is a clan limit, these inactive players will be replaced with much better players who are guaranteed to stay for a long-term period.

reaaaaaaally good idea, encourages activity while also not limiting old clans to old players +rep

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2016, 22:31:54 »
The only thing I'm concerned about with these idea's is that if you simply get a scroll, then learning the jutsu is effortless and comes at no cost.
Take Kakashi for example, he reads the "Aburame clan jutsu scroll". Now he's got every move a regular Aburame clan member has, while still retaining his mastery of every other chakra nature, taijutsu, dojutsu , etc. He didn't have to strengthen the technique over time and sacrifice the time  to learn it over something else. He read a piece of paper that said "put bugs in ur body lol" and he was instantly enlightened.

That's kind of why I would want the skill tree method, because you'd have to advance your mastery of it instead of learning a new fire style jutsu, or a new genjutsu. Really stressing that you shouldn't be identical to someone the same level as you in every way, with one difference being that you have more jutsu. Other than that, the tournament is a good way to get the jutsu initially.

Glad this is getting a lot of ideas passed around though

Offline Manuster

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 23:35:52 »
The only thing I'm concerned about with these idea's is that if you simply get a scroll, then learning the jutsu is effortless and comes at no cost.
Take Kakashi for example, he reads the "Aburame clan jutsu scroll". Now he's got every move a regular Aburame clan member has, while still retaining his mastery of every other chakra nature, taijutsu, dojutsu , etc. He didn't have to strengthen the technique over time and sacrifice the time  to learn it over something else. He read a piece of paper that said "put bugs in ur body lol" and he was instantly enlightened.

That's kind of why I would want the skill tree method, because you'd have to advance your mastery of it instead of learning a new fire style jutsu, or a new genjutsu. Really stressing that you shouldn't be identical to someone the same level as you in every way, with one difference being that you have more jutsu. Other than that, the tournament is a good way to get the jutsu initially.

Glad this is getting a lot of ideas passed around though
loool good points

so I'm guessing you were thinking of something along the lines of this?

The only difference between normal jutsu and clan jutsu would be either:
  • Members of the clan being able to use the jutsu at a lower chakra cost.
  • Members of the clan being able to use the jutsu more effectively.
  • Both of the above.
  • All the copies/ The only copy of the scroll is given to the clan leader at the start of the game.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 01:30:14 by Manuster »

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Chunin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 00:01:15 »
Something of that sort ^

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2016, 00:49:40 »
I think clan jutsu's should be just as effective as normal jutsus with no extra chakra cost.
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Chunin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2016, 01:48:47 »
I think clan jutsu's should be just as effective as normal jutsus with no extra chakra cost.

Exactly, not better but unique

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 08:05:49 »
Suggestion:

There'll be 10 Top Clans, these clans could have their own Jutsu and Style. One of 'em could have the Shadow Binding Arts, other could be Ninja Dogs and Ninjas, and so on.

Tbh, not all clans has special powers and stuff, actually, normal clans in Naruto are just normal, they have no abilities whatsoever. Ever thought of Minato NAMIKAZE.

Why should all clans have special powers?
  • Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent