Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 54784
Latest: ganovuwacele
New This Month: 6
New This Week: 9
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 55275
Total Topics: 3337
Most Online Today: 2175
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1931
Total: 1947
Vreg
Google (15)

Author Topic: Clan Suggestion  (Read 12810 times)

Offline Manuster

Re: Clan Suggestion
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2016, 09:16:55 »
Suggestion:

There'll be 10 Top Clans, these clans could have their own Jutsu and Style. One of 'em could have the Shadow Binding Arts, other could be Ninja Dogs and Ninjas, and so on.

Tbh, not all clans has special powers and stuff, actually, normal clans in Naruto are just normal, they have no abilities whatsoever. Ever thought of Minato NAMIKAZE.

Why should all clans have special powers?

Meh, there are far more than 10 ideas xD So why not have more than 10 clans?

And alot of clans won't have any "special powers" tis fine :p
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 09:57:47 »
I'm fine without any special ability clanwise tbh..
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2016, 12:06:46 »
Suggestion:

There'll be 10 Top Clans, these clans could have their own Jutsu and Style. One of 'em could have the Shadow Binding Arts, other could be Ninja Dogs and Ninjas, and so on.

Tbh, not all clans has special powers and stuff, actually, normal clans in Naruto are just normal, they have no abilities whatsoever. Ever thought of Minato NAMIKAZE.

I guess there saying if we are trying to have a feel of a naruto type world then there should be clans with and without abuilitys. To  encourage gameplay and activity as well as improving skills of individual players they have the ELO system. Clan memebers all have it so you can add all the elo scores up and devide by the number off clan members to get the clans rank in there respective leagues... The highest ranking clans would receive the Jutsu. This continues to encourage gameplay and accomplishes the feel of a naruto world were you have clans with Jutsu and those with out.
Clan founders should be required to learn the teach skill so that if there clan ever receive a scroll the founder is the only one that can teach that Jutsu. If the founder of the clan is killed the position will fall to the next highest ranking member. But he must them learn the teach skill if he hasn't already.
This way that thing with kakashi learning the aberami clan Jutsu would not happen.

Offline Whatasnipe

• Writer
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • Whatasnipe has no influence.
  • Burn their mongrel hides
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2016, 21:00:56 »
Suggestion:

I'm not saying ALL clans get powers, I'm saying a selected few could get powers.

Let me bring this away from jutsu for a minute. The Uchiha clan has a special area designated for them in the hidden leaf, because of its founding roots. The Nara clan also has clan territory, aswell as the Hyuuga. What about clan houses? There are some ways I can think of to implement this.

1: Make clan houses for the official clans of that village
2: Make empty lots, that can be rented by a clan leader for as long as they can afford to pay for it. Similar to a guild hall in traditional mmorpg's

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2016, 02:42:08 »
If I remember right clan houses will be instenced

Offline Shocks

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Shocks has no influence.
  • Motsomoto - Balance is almost impossible, almost.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hitomi

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2016, 05:28:37 »
So right now, if you look at how clans work on SLO and in the Naruto universe there's a bit of discrepancy.

Let me run through some examples of just what I'm talking about.

The Nara Clan: Known for their secret shadow manipulation techniques
Inuzuka Clan: Known for their Man/Beast Jutsu
Hozuki Clan: Known for their Unique Water Style Jutsu
Iburi Clan: Known for their ability to take on the form of smoke

Clans on SLO however, currently can only share physical traits and perhaps a main chakra nature.

Now you can discover and pass along a jutsu through the lines of the clan and have a sort of makeshift hidden clan jutsu, however nothing prevents someone from a different clan or village to discover the technique the same way the original founder did, and also pass that down to his clan.

Despite this, I'm sure you all know that the dev team can't just make a jutsu for every schmuck that waltzes in and makes a clan. The further we'd go the more clan specific jutsu we'd have to make, and the more ridiculous they would get.

So I propose a system. Allow clans from each village, after reaching a certain amount of members, to apply as an "Official" Clan. Do this until we get maybe 3 official clans in each village. Official clans can choose from a list of pre-approved hidden techniques created in the Jutsu Creation topic to use in their clan. First come first serve. Members will still be able to create their own clans in the same format as we have now, they just won't be able to have an official clan specific jutsu. The Clan leaders will also be able to strictly control the people using this technique by denying applicants they don't see fit.

I can brainstorm some ideas for the Hidden Jutsu'  if the idea gets approved, but for now it's just a way I find to make clans more intuitive. As always let me know what you guys think of the idea, and if you'd prefer this system over the current system.

Great system proposed similar system recently as an example but you've explained it much better, i think at the stage the game is at in terms of development this is a good way to implement clans properly.
  • Character Name: Motsomoto Hitomi

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2016, 12:24:54 »
The only thing I'm concerned about with these idea's is that if you simply get a scroll, then learning the jutsu is effortless and comes at no cost.
Take Kakashi for example, he reads the "Aburame clan jutsu scroll". Now he's got every move a regular Aburame clan member has, while still retaining his mastery of every other chakra nature, taijutsu, dojutsu , etc. He didn't have to strengthen the technique over time and sacrifice the time  to learn it over something else. He read a piece of paper that said "put bugs in ur body lol" and he was instantly enlightened.

That's kind of why I would want the skill tree method, because you'd have to advance your mastery of it instead of learning a new fire style jutsu, or a new genjutsu. Really stressing that you shouldn't be identical to someone the same level as you in every way, with one difference being that you have more jutsu. Other than that, the tournament is a good way to get the jutsu initially.

Glad this is getting a lot of ideas passed around though

Jutsu can be trained remember just because you know how to use a Jutsu after learning it from a scroll dose not meen your instantly a master at that Jutsu. Think about naruto and shadow clones... He read the scroll practiced it a couple times and learned the shadow clone Jutsu... But only after kakashi showed naruto what shadow clones could Realy do did he level up that Jutsu if you will.

There is no need for skill trees for this effect... Each Jutsu could simply have several levels that you learn as you use them... There was a idea of a activation counter that keeps trike of how many times you use the Jutsu 10 uses gets it stronger 100 another level and so on. There could even be trainers hidden around the world to unlock hidden potential in the Jutsu you know. Kinda like kakashi did for naruto.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:29:46 by cmsurfer »

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent