Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 54783
Latest: Spenis
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 55275
Total Topics: 3337
Most Online Today: 2004
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 2012
Total: 2030
Vreg
Google (AdSense)
Google (16)

Author Topic: SLO Arena Tournament Brackets  (Read 12183 times)

Offline Konohuro

Re: SLO Arena Tournament Brackets
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 19:27:47 »
Damn thats what i feared going up against america in the next battle. At least i can break through genjutsu and as long as i stay blind folded he wont be able to trap me into genjutsu. My senjutsu will be able to sense him and i can move accordingly but idk how the story will end for me.
The only way this would work is if you deafened, blindfolded, blocked your nose, covered your entire body and (got rid of taste, I'm not sure how you'd do that other than closing your mouth). That way he can't effect any of your 5 senses. But leaves you incredibly vulnerable :P

This is irrelevant. The genjutsu affects the chakra flow not the senses. By using a genjutsu you interfere in the right chakra flow in order to induce an illusion on the victim of having some weird senses.
You can block a sense, for e.g. hearing by using some earplugs. If you get trapped in a genjutsu that makes you hear high pitch noises, you would still get the feeling that your ears are damaged even if in fact there is no sound that comes into your ears. It's just an illusion in your brain that he hears something.

She thought of blindfolding only because there are genjutsus that activate only on eye contact, like the sharingan genjutsu. But this wouldn't be enough, there are genjutsus that can be activated and don't require any kind of contact with the enemy aside from having the target in your visual area.

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 19:35:00 »
Damn thats what i feared going up against america in the next battle. At least i can break through genjutsu and as long as i stay blind folded he wont be able to trap me into genjutsu. My senjutsu will be able to sense him and i can move accordingly but idk how the story will end for me.
The only way this would work is if you deafened, blindfolded, blocked your nose, covered your entire body and (got rid of taste, I'm not sure how you'd do that other than closing your mouth). That way he can't effect any of your 5 senses. But leaves you incredibly vulnerable :P

This is irrelevant. The genjutsu affects the chakra flow not the senses. By using a genjutsu you interfere in the right chakra flow in order to induce an illusion on the victim of having some weird senses.
You can block a sense, for e.g. hearing by using some earplugs. If you get trapped in a genjutsu that makes you hear high pitch noises, you would still get the feeling that your ears are damaged even if in fact there is no sound that comes into your ears. It's just an illusion in your brain that he hears something.

She thought of blindfolding only because there are genjutsus that activate only on eye contact, like the sharingan genjutsu. But this wouldn't be enough, there are genjutsus that can be activated and don't require any kind of contact with the enemy aside from having the target in your visual area.
Well said Konohuro
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 19:43:09 »

Rang and the method of delivery is the most essential factors in genjutsu..sight and sound is most common to introduce your chakra in to your opponent smell and touch are less used because it requires too close of a range to activat.. What makes them dangerous is that there are no hand signs for genjutsus theres no way of knowing when your opponent is activating it unless you are sensitive to it, or fell the effects of it.

Offline Ken

• Hidden Snow Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Ken has no influence.
  • HA!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 21:02:25 »
I need to wait so LOOOOOOOOONG for my battle. RIP

Offline Xassassin

• ANBU Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Xassassin has no influence.
  • The Assassin
    • View Profile
  • Clan: ☆Himitsu☆
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 07:46:51 »
Yeah somehow i will get around the whole genjutsu bit, at least i can still break it and i can use my summoning to help me out. I wonder how genjutsu would go against senjutsu.
  • Character Name: Kamiko Himitsu
"We Work In The Dark, To Serve The Light"

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 12:35:20 »
Genjutsu is awaiting nerf

To me, genjutsu is a hit or miss. If you have at least some genjutsu, you should be able to protect yourself from it well enough. If you have 0, you're fucked. That's my opinion, at least. Maybe this is why child decides the outcomes.
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Nas

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Nas has no influence.
  • meh....
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 12:49:05 »
I would like most ninjas that leave the academy would at least know some form of releasing genjutsu....just depends if and when they notice it. I thought 0 in genjutsu mean they just can't cast even the basic things....but I guess I misunderstood the stats thing then lol.
  • Character Name: Isei

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 12:56:56 »

To me, genjutsu is a hit or miss. If you have at least some genjutsu, you should be able to protect yourself from it well enough. If you have 0, you're fucked. That's my opinion, at least. Maybe this is why child decides the outcomes.

I mean I still don't think that genjutsu should determine how well you can release. Intelligence should, but with no stat for it it should be on chakra efficiency so you can determine inconsistencies in chakra.

Inteligence may be required only to realize that you are in a genjutsu.
Yet, it requires some genjutsu skills to be able to release a powerful genjutsu.
This is how I see it.
If you have 0 genjutsu skills and you are trapped inside a genjutsu casted by a person with 100 points on gen, I don't think it would make sense to be able to escape it by concentrating a little bit or by bitting your finger.
I think that the more points the caster has on genjutsu, the more powerful the technique is and it gets more profound.

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 13:08:22 »

I mean I still don't think that genjutsu should determine how well you can release. Intelligence should, but with no stat for it it should be on chakra efficiency so you can determine inconsistencies in chakra.

Yet, it requires some genjutsu skills to be able to release a powerful genjutsu.
This is how I see it.
If you have 0 genjutsu skills and you are trapped inside a genjutsu casted by a person with 100 points on gen, I don't think it would make sense to be able to escape it by concentrating a little bit or by bitting your finger.
I think that the more points the caster has on genjutsu, the more powerful the technique is and it gets more profound.

Basically this, Taiga was able to release the first genjutsu because it was a lower level. The second one was more like the Genjutsu used on C by Sasuke, requiring someone not in it to release it for him.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 13:10:00 by America »
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 15:13:27 »

Basically this, Taiga was able to release the first genjutsu because it was a lower level. The second one was more like the Genjutsu used on C by Sasuke, requiring someone not in it to release it for him.

There is a connection with what is called here chakra efficiency(chakra control naruto canon) and genjutsu. a strong enough genjutsu would be unbreakable only if the caster has grater chakra control then the target. in essence along with the jutsu's illusion the caster hijacked the flow of chakra in the target's body making it impossible to release by the target. however this is not the cass in this match your chakra control levels were equal. If Taiga never realized he was under the second genjutsu it would be different but he should have bin able to stop his flow since both chakra control levels were even.

Offline Fraudulent

• Pink Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Fraudulent has no influence.
  • The Rose That Grew From Concrete
    • View Profile
  • Organization: BlackboxYoru
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2016, 16:31:16 »
This is how I see it.
The way it works is if you have 0 genjutsu and are facing an enemy with high genjutsu, then it would be hard for you to escape it. If you have 0 genjutsu and the enemy has low or average genjutsu then you have to rely on your intelligence to kick in and realize that you're in a genjutsu and perform a 'release'.

Or you can release every now and then just to be extra careful - but that all depends on the character and how sharp their thinking is.

Everyone can release, its just harder for you to realize that you're in an illusion if the opponent has a lot of points on their genjutsu.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 16:33:40 by child_emperor »
internet sensation
also known as Snoopy
has a bigger dick than you

Offline Xassassin

• ANBU Sennin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Xassassin has no influence.
  • The Assassin
    • View Profile
  • Clan: ☆Himitsu☆