Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 54784
Latest: ganovuwacele
New This Month: 6
New This Week: 9
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 55275
Total Topics: 3337
Most Online Today: 2175
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 1888
Total: 1904
Vreg
Google (15)

Author Topic: Kickstarter, In-game and other suggestions  (Read 25679 times)

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

Re: Kickstarter, In-game and other suggestions
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2014, 23:09:45 »
I just want to say that you should be able to pick your first and second nature otherwise i think people will just delete the chars until they get what they want
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
  • halika has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2014, 23:37:41 »
true. but thats why i figured i'd ask. Do we stick to the true nature or the world and make it random, or do you avoid the hassle and let people pick :)

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2014, 23:40:58 »
there's no real reason why it'd be picked randomly since it works in a rock paper scissors system so it only cpmes down to personal preference
at least yhat's what i think  :)
and sorry for the mistakes i wrote this on my phone
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 23:43:32 by m4r1us »

Online Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2014, 00:05:31 »
I cant help but laugh sometimes when I read Vreg's responses, lmao! As informative as they are they're so hilariously snarky.
I can't control it man, it's the way I am. I've heard that way too often in my life :D

I had no idea about that plan for the kekkei algorithm. I think that's an amazing idea. And the fact that you plan to wait for a certain achievement  for it to activate is even more brilliant because it keeps people from constantly making characters just to get a kekkei genkai. By the time they reach whatever level/event it would take to awaken it, they're way too invested with their current ninja to just start all over on a chance for a new ninja to get one. Smart move man.
Yeah, that's the exact same reasoning I had when coming up with this.

That possibly answers my other question from a different thread, but I still would like confirmation; I was asking if you died would all of your experience be recreated in a new ninja. I'm assuming the answer is "no", simply for that reason stated above (people would just keep killing and recreating themselves to try to get a kekkei genkai while maintaining their level) and also because that's not how real life works. if you die, you just fuckin die, lol. Just wanted confirmation if I'm correct[edit] I'm pretty sure the answer is "no"
I'm not sure about this yet, but I'm thinking of making dying permanent. Dying basically brings you back to character creation. That's about as hardcore as it gets. But you won't die easily. Unlike in most games, once defeated by someone in a hostile fight, the person will get the choice to kill you or let you live. If you live, you'll wake up in a hospital in a nearby village. However, if this person is evil at heart, and decides you let you suffer even after having defeated you just for the heck of it, then he can. In reality evil people exist, so they will exist in Shinobi Life Online too. I'm going to make sure evil people can be evil if they truly are evil. That will make killing them more fun.

So first of all, I'm assuming that there will be an algorithm for chakra natures too (since real shinobi dont get to pick their nature, they just force chakra into a piece of paper and see what they got), or will you let people pick their first/second?
Secondly, is that something we get from start or is that awakened at a certain level as well?
What did you mean by it will become more difficult to master jutsus? Did you mean outside of the 2 chakra natures or even including those? If anything that fact that you've constantly learned to hone your chakra in different ways that could form a jutsu should make it easier for you to learn new possible jutsus of that same nature, no?
Will you be able to increase the damage a specific jutsu you've learned does?
Unlike in Naruto, mastering ones primary chakra nature in Shinobi Life Online is something all genin level shinobi can do. So I'm letting the players choose their primary chakra nature. Once one's character becomes jonin level, the secondary chakra nature will be revealed and unlocked. This secondary chakra nature however had been determined at character creation for that character using another special algorithm.

And what I meant was, you can master all jutsu in your primary and secondary chakra nature. However, this would literally take years. Let me explain how this will work.

Imagine a tree with all wind nature jutsus, ordered from top to bottom. You must start at the bottom and climb your way up to the top. The higher you get, the more difficult it will be to master jutsus of that nature because the jutsus get more complex. The jutsu at the top will be the most complex jutsu of that nature, not necessarily the strongest, but the most complex. So therefore, the more you progress, the more difficult it gets. Imagine a second tree, one with only fire nature jutsus. The same rules apply to this tree as well.

Now you've mastered 5 jutsus of your primary wind nature and you decide to start mastering fire nature jutsus. What you'll notice is that things are a lot more difficult than the first time, the basic level fire nature jutsus take longer to master than your already mastered complexer wind nature jutsus. How come? Because our brains are limited that way.

A simple analogy is one with language. Let's replace wind style and fire style with English and Japanese. Imagine someone who's good at English. At that point, becoming more advanced in English would be just as difficult as learning very basic Japanese. So the difficulty of learning more complex wind nature jutsu will be the same as learning basic fire nature jutsu. Imagine someone who has only focused his entire life on English and is an expert at the language, for that person, even taking on basic Japanese will prove to be very difficult, because of how his brain is burned with English. Becoming the same level at Japanese as he is with English seems even more impossible, but is still possible with enough effort and years. So someone who has completely mastered wind style, will have a very hard time mastering fire style. Finally imagine someone who's good at Japanese and English. In jutsu terms that would be someone who has mastered the same amount of both his natures. For that someone, in language terms, advancing in any of his two languages would be just as difficult. And in that same way, learning more complex jutsu in either chakra nature would be just as difficult.

Damage wise, every jutsu will have 3 levels. The first time you master a jutsu, you're only able to use the level 1 version of that jutsu. Once you're at the point of mastering a new jutsu, you can choose to either improve Chidori by making it level 2, or you can choose to learn a newer more complex jutsu.

Last question I had was that now that we did just get confirmation that kekkei genkai will be in the game, though extremely rare (as they should be), since the Naruto ones aren't going to be included in the game have you thought about what types of special abilities there will be, or is this something the community can help create?
This will probably be done with the help of the community.

And kinda off topic, but not really; clans. I know this is waaaay wayyyyy wwwwway down the line, if ever, but a clans with special abilities is something that should be real. In a real shinobi world, if you have a kekkei genkai and you mate, theres a chance that your offspring will possess you abilities. And if they mate, it passes on and so on until you've created an entire clan exclusively with that ability. This could make you the father or mother that birthed a community. I'm thinking that a way to incorporate this into Shinobi Life Online is to allow procreation. Im not personally trying to see two sims having sex.. what I mean is, if you have a kekkei genkai, maybe you possibly get a token or item ever so often which you can use on the opposite sex and it creates a "code" that could be used at character creation for a new character. With this code it gives them, possibly a 35% chance to develop the kekkei genkai from the original person. They continue their character just like everyone else and if it awakens, then great, you now have the _______ abilities and are recognized as a clan member. What do you think?
I like the idea, but bloodline limits do not exist in Shinobi Life Online. Everyone is human and has the same amount of potency as other humans. However, a very few selection of people had a chain reaction in their genes that caused them to develop a special power. That's it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 02:31:09 by Vreg »
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2014, 02:01:05 »
Thanks for answering my questions. Man that seriously cleared up my question about the jutsu thing and that makes a LOT more sense and is a lot more interesting. I'm always so full of questions though, lol. If I'm asking too much, just let me know or just say you're not sure yet.

Everyone will start as a fresh shinobi of genin rank who was not born in a clan. Clan specific Kekkei Genkai only comes from birth, and since the players can't be born into clans, players can't have a clan specific Kekkei Genaki either. So joining a clan at a later time in the character's life obviously does not grant him/her a bloodline limit.

So does this mean that in Shinobi Life Online clans are, basically, guilds? They're not linked by ability or relation. They're just a group of people who decided to band together and have a common goal. A clan by definition is a group of people that are related.

bloodline limits do not exist in Shinobi Life Online.
But a kekkei genkai is a bloodline limit
Quote from: naruto.wikia.com
Kekkei genkai (血継限界; Literally meaning "a technique limited to inheritance by blood" or "Bloodline Limit") are abilities passed down genetically within specific clans.
That was the reason I offered the suggestion for the whole procreation thing. It gives clans a real meaning. Clans will race to build up an army to be the most dominant clan there is. However, its still fair because you only get a 35% chance to even be born with the abilities of your clan. Just like I'm sure there were ninjas in the Naruto universe that were born into clans and they never awoke any abilities, but yet they still carried the family name.
You might even get the physical attributes of your clan (IE: Yamanakas are all blonde, most Uzumaki's had red hair, etc) but there's no guarantee you possess the abilities. (this way you don't see a bunch of people running around with a huge advantage) Sometimes even looking like you could use the ability could be enough of a deterrent for someone to not want to fight you.

The race for dominance could spark REAL clan wars. Even cause entire clans to be wiped out if the feud is bad enough etc. It adds an entirely new element to the game I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy, lol.

Online Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2014, 02:51:17 »
The questions are fine :) If you have any, just ask them.

So does this mean that in Shinobi Life Online clans are, basically, guilds? They're not linked by ability or relation. They're just a group of people who decided to band together and have a common goal. A clan by definition is a group of people that are related..
The term clan can also be used for a group of people with a strong common interest.
And indeed, in Shinobi Life Online members of a clan are not necessarily related by blood.

But a kekkei genkai is a bloodline limit
I know Kekkei Genkai means bloodline limit, that's why I've never called that special power I've talked about a Kekkei Genkai. Because it has nothing to do with the bloodline, but rather with the individual genes of the one with the special power. We'll make up a cool Japanese name for that type of power in the future.

That was the reason I offered the suggestion for the whole procreation thing. It gives clans a real meaning. Clans will race to build up an army to be the most dominant clan there is. However, its still fair because you only get a 35% chance to even be born with the abilities of your clan. Just like I'm sure there were ninjas in the Naruto universe that were born into clans and they never awoke any abilities, but yet they still carried the family name.
You might even get the physical attributes of your clan (IE: Yamanakas are all blonde, most Uzumaki's had red hair, etc) but there's no guarantee you possess the abilities. (this way you don't see a bunch of people running around with a huge advantage) Sometimes even looking like you could use the ability could be enough of a deterrent for someone to not want to fight you.

The race for dominance could spark REAL clan wars. Even cause entire clans to be wiped out if the feud is bad enough etc. It adds an entirely new element to the game I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy, lol.
I honestly love that idea, initially I thought it would be unmanageable. But now that I've thought it through, it seems quite manageable with a limit of 1 gene code per special powered person with a 35% rate of success. This could indeed lead to very rare clans with an actual blood connection. They would have an advantage over other regular clans which would result in very interesting scenarios. That's how a special power could become a Kekkei Genkai. And also how a bloodline connected clan could be completely wiped out. Nice :)

Offline halika

• Special Jonin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2014, 04:19:34 »
Dude I'm glad you like it. I'm full of ideas like that and I've been wanting to help with this project so bad, lol. Whether it be concept art or whatever. I'm just holding off on a lot of stuff because I want to get an idea of how everything is going to work before I start throwing a bunch of unusable crap out.

• Like another thing I was wondering was what is the ultimate goal? You have the monthly voting for the Kage position. But what exactly is the Kage going to be doing to demonstrate they should be allowed to keep the position?
  • Because of how popular Leaf Village is due to the series, even calling it by another name isnt going to stop people from allying with the village that closest resembles it. With that being said, "Leaf" village is going to have an amazingly unbalanced amount of ninja compared to the other villages. Are you planning to give stat advantages for allying with certain villages?
    IE: "Leaf" Village +2 to HP
    "Water" Village +2 to Ninjustu skills
    etc? It would incentivize choosing something other than Leaf and probably make the ninja world more balanced number-wise.

Offline MrKurt1994

• Kakuzu Sennin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • MrKurt1994 has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Jyuunishin-Nezumi
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2014, 04:33:46 »
I am loving all your ideas halika, all of these posts get me even more excited for the future of Shinobi Life Online.
  • Character Name: Kuri Sazin

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2014, 06:46:15 »
Would we know what's our secondary chakra nature when we first create our character? I really love your ideas, but I think both chakra natures should be selectable at character creation. I mean why force someone to have a chakra nature they don't wish to have? After all people will have to work hard to fully develop their first nature, they should at least start to work again on something they like.
Hope I made a point here :)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:53:05 by m4r1us »

Offline Indigo

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Indigo has no influence.
  • IHYPFLMOOSMFT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2014, 08:30:57 »
Dude I'm glad you like it. I'm full of ideas like that and I've been wanting to help with this project so bad, lol. Whether it be concept art or whatever. I'm just holding off on a lot of stuff because I want to get an idea of how everything is going to work before I start throwing a bunch of unusable crap out.

• Like another thing I was wondering was what is the ultimate goal? You have the monthly voting for the Kage position. But what exactly is the Kage going to be doing to demonstrate they should be allowed to keep the position?
  • Because of how popular Leaf Village is due to the series, even calling it by another name isnt going to stop people from allying with the village that closest resembles it. With that being said, "Leaf" village is going to have an amazingly unbalanced amount of ninja compared to the other villages. Are you planning to give stat advantages for allying with certain villages?
    etc? It would incentivize choosing something other than Leaf and probably make the ninja world more balanced number-wise.

LOVE the point on people choosing the village that closely resembles the Leaf village, I thought of this too. That system would probably work but I still think people would opt to the 'good' village and not the rest. I myself am going to go for an obscure village like an equivalent of the Hidden Rain or Grass, something that isn't really mentioned a lot.

Offline Thorpe

• Academy Student Poster
  • Thorpe has no influence.
  • Enforcer of peace through pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2014, 12:32:04 »
Loving all the ideas so far, Vreg I played the development demo of the game with the char that looks like kakashi and I must say I'm loving it :D. My only concern is the control, kinda hard for me to aim at the opponent without first aligning in a straight line, if you could implement a mouse left/right movement it would be nice. Already mastered the basic Chidori jutsu :p so I'm one step ahead.

So from what I read we would have a wide array of techniques to choose from for Nature types, would it also be if you choose a good path you have this technique and if you choose a bad path you have that technique? also would some people be fortunate to have certain forbidden techniques? would there be dojutsu? how will genjutsu work? in terms of interacting with other players would it be the simple chat/type system or will microphone be implemented?

I have more questions but lets start with these :)

Online Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2014, 14:16:43 »

The overall goal would be escaping from reality and living a life the way you want it in a Naruto-like world.

I haven't really thought about that but that does seem interesting. One thing to keep in mind though is that people will be allowed to choose their village at character creation. So the village choice might be more balanced than you think. However, if it proves to be not the case, then we could balance out things with something like that.

Would we know what's our secondary chakra nature when we first create our character? I really love your ideas, but I think both chakra natures should be selectable at character creation. I mean why force someone to have a chakra nature they don't wish to have? After all people will have to work hard to fully develop their first nature, they should at least start to work again on something they like.
Hope I made a point here :)
I'm sorry but you're not going to be choosing your secondary nature. It's only realistic, when did you see someone even choose their first chakra nature in Naruto? I know it's harsh, but it'll be one of many things that's going to be harsh in Shinobi Life Online.

Loving all the ideas so far, Vreg I played the development demo of the game with the char that looks like kakashi and I must say I'm loving it :D. My only concern is the control, kinda hard for me to aim at the opponent without first aligning in a straight line, if you could implement a mouse left/right movement it would be nice. Already mastered the basic Chidori jutsu :p so I'm one step ahead.

So from what I read we would have a wide array of techniques to choose from for Nature types, would it also be if you choose a good path you have this technique and if you choose a bad path you have that technique? also would some people be fortunate to have certain forbidden techniques? would there be dojutsu? how will genjutsu work? in terms of interacting with other players would it be the simple chat/type system or will microphone be implemented?

I have more questions but lets start with these :)
Actually, we have a fully manipulable camera by now with camera controls incorporated. So there's full 360° movement possible, you'll get to test that on the stress test.

Dojutsu will exist as one of the special powers in Shinobi Life Online and will therefore be very uncommon. I haven't really thought about forbidden techniques, but we could make a forbidden technique that someone could master (after a very very long time) once they have completely mastered both of their natures.

Genjutsu will be available to all, just like taijutsu will be. It won't be your primary form of attack, but rather something that assists you.

Online Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2014, 14:19:04 »
Before this gets out of hand, any further suggestions or questions should be posted in the appropriate boards and in separate topics.

Offline BlueSky Light Programmer

• Academy Student Poster
  • BlueSky Light Programmer has no influence.
  • Keep CALM and program!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2014, 02:07:19 »
Loving your answers Vreg, you're starting to make me want to try joining the team '-'
Gogogogo, today we need to do some interesting stuff! xP

Offline CaptainSpoon

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • CaptainSpoon has no influence.
  • Nagare Hano
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hano Clan Leader
  • Organization: Yasei no Ime Taifu no Me
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2014, 14:25:19 »
  • Everyone will start as a fresh shinobi of genin rank who was not born in a clan. Clan specific Kekkei Genkai only comes from birth, and since the players can't be born into clans, players can't have a clan specific Kekkei Genaki either. So joining a clan at a later time in the character's life obviously does not grant him/her a bloodline limit. In the Shinobi Life Online Universe however, some shinobi are naturally gifted. That is, they are born with a special power. This will all be controlled by a special algorithm behind the scenes. The ones who have such power will awaken it when the time comes, but don't get mistaken by this, these special powers are very rare.

Will the people who contribute to Shinobi Life Online get a kekkei genkai? cuz they work hard to make this and i think they must be awarded in some way. Just like u get the jutsu similar to rinnegan Vreg, just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 14:27:57 by CaptainSpoon »
  • Character Name: Nagare Hano

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun