Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 54783
Latest: Spenis
New This Month: 5
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 55275
Total Topics: 3337
Most Online Today: 2004
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 1
Guests: 2022
Total: 2040
Vreg
Google (AdSense)
Google (16)

Poll

Asian only or All Cultures

Asian/Japanese based architecture
9 (36%)
Any relevant architecture type
16 (64%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Hidden Snow (And other hidden villages) Architecture Debate/Poll  (Read 15836 times)

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
Re: Hidden Snow (And other hidden villages) Architecture Debate/Poll
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 03:26:51 »
Why not just--as I believe Shivraj said a few posts up--have a more "free" aesthetic, BUT with a Japanese base. For example:

Snow/Ice Castle WITH base-line Japanese Architectural influences. The--and this is strictly for reference--Naruto buildings were IN PART Japanese, but they were also done by the manga creator's own imagination. In other words, have the base theme FEEL semi-Japanese, but not look ENTIRELY like it. I trust your judgement and your creativity EE, and I'm sure you could pull it off.
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Online Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 15:06:14 »
Why not just--as I believe Shivraj said a few posts up--have a more "free" aesthetic, BUT with a Japanese base. For example:

Snow/Ice Castle WITH base-line Japanese Architectural influences. The--and this is strictly for reference--Naruto buildings were IN PART Japanese, but they were also done by the manga creator's own imagination. In other words, have the base theme FEEL semi-Japanese, but not look ENTIRELY like it. I trust your judgement and your creativity EE, and I'm sure you could pull it off.
I agree with your points. Have some rep++.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline joca94

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • joca94 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 15:42:39 »
I dont think Turkish architecture fits it, for first, it looks cramped, and doesnt  give the feel of ninja village,ore like some proud nation village for everyone to see, doesnt give the feeling of Hidden Village, and Turkish architecture doesnt fit northern climate, its more for south climate and just doesnt fit in Shinobi world, id put a village inside a snowy mountain or somewhere Hidden, with a bit of Jap based architecture, but also made up architecture, id use Siberia and Alaska as inspirations(middle age). But thats just my long long long opinion :)
  • Character Name: Bloodpanda
I am missing you only when i am breathing said a guy with a sniper

Online Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 16:21:38 »
I dont think Turkish architecture fits it, for first, it looks cramped, and doesnt  give the feel of ninja village,ore like some proud nation village for everyone to see, doesnt give the feeling of Hidden Village, and Turkish architecture doesnt fit northern climate, its more for south climate and just doesnt fit in Shinobi world, id put a village inside a snowy mountain or somewhere Hidden, with a bit of Jap based architecture, but also made up architecture, id use Siberia and Alaska as inspirations(middle age). But thats just my long long long opinion :)
Yeah Turkish buildings don't really fit in the SLO universe.

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2015, 08:35:28 »
Nice points Joca (and dragon too, but this post is about Joca's post :P) I do agree about Turkish architecture not fitting into SLO's world. And a village inside a mountain hmmmm.... Good idea, I like it, but doesn't this give them extra protection? They are more fortified than other villages, kind of unfair, no? It might also mean that there would actually be no snow inside the village hahahahahaha. I propose this:

When you step onto the land of hidden snow, all you see is ice and snow, but if you know the way, then you can find THE cave which leads to the Hidden Snow, covered by walls of ice not so high, but high enough to hide it from onlookers, so that they only see a wall of ice with a cave far away, barely see able because of the snow storm that is always on going.

How'd you like it? :P feel free to point out and mistakes and give your opinion on this! ^-^
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline EternalEyes

• Concept Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • EternalEyes has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 11:52:49 »

Good points joca and message received vreg xD......Revamping all the buildings to have a more Japanese centered design :)
Also yeah i was never happy about how cramped it looked, something this revamp gives me a chance to fix
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 16:21:05 by EternalEyes »
  • Character Name: EternalEyes

Offline EternalEyes

• Concept Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • EternalEyes has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2015, 12:03:00 »
Nice points Joca (and dragon too, but this post is about Joca's post :P) I do agree about Turkish architecture not fitting into SLO's world. And a village inside a mountain hmmmm.... Good idea, I like it, but doesn't this give them extra protection? They are more fortified than other villages, kind of unfair, no? It might also mean that there would actually be no snow inside the village hahahahahaha. I propose this:

When you step onto the land of hidden snow, all you see is ice and snow, but if you know the way, then you can find THE cave which leads to the Hidden Snow, covered by walls of ice not so high, but high enough to hide it from onlookers, so that they only see a wall of ice with a cave far away, barely see able because of the snow storm that is always on going.

How'd you like it? :P feel free to point out and mistakes and give your opinion on this! ^-^

I think theres a bit of a problem with that, but not from a 'coolness' standpoint, more from a gameplay point of view. This is because firstly hidden snow is gonna be a selectable hidden village, so there are naturally gonna be hundreds of players entering and leaving the village every day, which will take away from the mystery, aswell as the fact people going on missions to hidden snow wont want to do a mission to find one of the major villages- we need to make gameplay objectives relatively obvious otherwise the player gets bored and moves on. By all means we can make it 'hard' to see through snowstorms and such, but for secretive villages like you are suggesting i think we should focus on making hidden water the village that everyone is vying to find.
  • Character Name: EternalEyes

Offline joca94

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2015, 12:36:12 »
I dont think Turkish architecture fits it, for first, it looks cramped, and doesnt  give the feel of ninja village,ore like some proud nation village for evn, with a bit of Jap based architecture, but also made up architecture, id use Siberia and Alaska as inspirations(middle age). But thats just my long long long opinion :)

Good points joka and message received vreg xD......Revamping all the buildings to have a more Japanese centered design :)
Also yeah i was never happy about how cramped it looked, something this revamp gives me a chance to fix
Thanks, btw its joca not joka ;)

Online Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2015, 12:54:19 »
I dont think Turkish architecture fits it, for first, it looks cramped, and doesnt  give the feel of ninja village,ore like some proud nation village for evn, with a bit of Jap based architecture, but also made up architecture, id use Siberia and Alaska as inspirations(middle age). But thats just my long long long opinion :)

Good points joka and message received vreg xD......Revamping all the buildings to have a more Japanese centered design :)
Then why does your name say joka?

Online Vreg

• Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2015, 13:50:27 »
My apologies for the double post.

I was thinking of having the Hidden Snow be enclosed in a gigantic hemispherical ice and snow dome to provide insulation from the cold winds outside inspired by igloos.

As you can see people did not create igloos in the north just for fun and as far as I know they were genetically Asian too.

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2015, 15:51:43 »

I think theres a bit of a problem with that, but not from a 'coolness' standpoint, more from a gameplay point of view. This is because firstly hidden snow is gonna be a selectable hidden village, so there are naturally gonna be hundreds of players entering and leaving the village every day, which will take away from the mystery, aswell as the fact people going on missions to hidden snow wont want to do a mission to find one of the major villages- we need to make gameplay objectives relatively obvious otherwise the player gets bored and moves on. By all means we can make it 'hard' to see through snowstorms and such, but for secretive villages like you are suggesting i think we should focus on making hidden water the village that everyone is vying to find.
yes..... quite..... and I found one problem myself :P The cave thingy makes it equally unfair to other villages xD so yeah, and Vreg said
My apologies for the double post.

I was thinking of having the Hidden Snow be enclosed in a gigantic hemispherical ice and snow dome to provide insulation from the cold winds outside inspired by igloos.

As you can see people did not create igloos in the north just for fun and as far as I know they were genetically Asian too.

So yeah :P

PS. Vreg did you photoshop your profile picture to make it look like you have rinnegan? xD or are my eyes playing tricks on me? (Get it? xD)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2015, 16:16:56 »
I photoshopped his eyes so he looked like Fetty Wap but I decieded not to post it for ban evasion purposes.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline joca94

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • I'm new around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2015, 17:18:25 »
 xD......Revamping all the buildings to have a more Japanese centered design :)
It says joka cuz you changed my forum name, cuz instead of making a game, you waste time to edit my forum name.

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2015, 02:00:17 »
 xD......Revamping all the buildings to have a more Japanese centered design :)
It says joka cuz you changed my forum name, cuz instead of making a game, you waste time to edit my forum name.

Shots fired.
Though Joca has a point, changing a name takes 2 minutes at most. Coming from someone who is an Admin on a site :P
So this doesn't really interfere with any game development but can be seen as annoying to a member. Especially if they aren't apart of the joke and find it irritating.
Although, I am aware Joca meant it as an insult/dig towards Vreg so therefore me explaining these details is pointless but hey, +1 post for Leebz :3

EDIT: I also see Hidden Snow being a village similar to the Southern Tribe of Avatar but instead of igloos it is wooden cabins and maybe a bit more fancy for the Kage house :P
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 02:02:14 by Leebz »
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2015, 02:39:26 »
You're still now where near me Leebz! I'll be senin poster before you reach my post count!!!!

Not spam, I'll add something useful here:

What's the joka joke? Doesn't sound funny to me ._.

Recent Topics

Top Posters

Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
m4r1us
Manuster
NinjaMirage
Nova
taigakun
Fraudulent