Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 74145
Latest: DwayneJuppy
New This Month: 605
New This Week: 138
New Today: 23
Stats
Total Posts: 108833
Total Topics: 41403
Most Online Today: 1652
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 6
Guests: 1044
Total: 1066

Author Topic: Leveling System and Test - Genin, Chunnin, and Jonin  (Read 6667 times)

Offline jawillia1987

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • jawillia1987 has no influence.
  • Kuroi Clan Recruiting Agent/Leader
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kuroi Clan
Re: Leveling System and Test - Genin, Chunnin, and Jonin
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 14:22:05 »

All you have to do is set up the parameters for what the conditions are for cheating (i.e. Looking at someone else's test for an answer, getting up from your seat maybe, most taijutsu skills probably, many ninjutsu probably - could you use a fireball jutsu in a room without being caught, etc. Also I said the chunnin exam would be twice a month, cause in the anime it comes twice a year. You are still able to do missions and learn jutsu as a genin. This also makes it so people strive for something, for two weeks they work on their skills and practice and then join others for a team. Speaking of which, would you join up with other users as part of a team for the chunnin exams or just add computer players? Honestly I think it you should be able to do either. Obviously if you join with other users you have a greater advantage to getting through the exams, but then you have other people that may not think the same way... pros and cons.

I'll agree that voting is probably the best way to do it, maybe to have a simple voting building/booth where you can see the missions that each shinobi has completed (i.e. 35 C-rank, 22 B-rank, 15 A-rank, 7 S-rank, etc.). How long they have been on online?

I don't think it will take that long, I think most should be able to handle a five minute genin test which is the tutorial at the beginning. The "written test" could even be on movement right after you go through basics with the instructor so everyone should pass that one. The other tests gives the users an opportunity to see what their character can do at the beginning. If you put no stats into genjutsu, your character will not be able to release genjutsu, that makes sure the user knows that they cannot even release genjutsu and at the beginning they can decide if they are ok with that. Same with ninjutsu and taijutsu.
  • Character Name: Jarui Uzumaki

Offline limits

• Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • limits has no influence.
  • pls no hate
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yaiken
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 14:35:47 »
The cheating thing honestly just wouldn't work, unless it was an AI and they turned away every 5 seconds for 2 secs, still that just sounds bad, also 2 months is a very long time to stay alive on a permadeath game, once per week is fine enough, would people really want to stay at genin rank for 2 months and even if they did and they trained alot as a genin and 2 days before the chuunin exams were starting you died, see where im coming from, that's just instant ragequit. I beleive for a game like this some things should just stay in naruto and that's it.

I can't see whether you're using genjutsu as an example or you actually want this to be a requirement because you seem awfully fixated on genjutsu and once again i don't think there will be any stats.
  • Character Name: Kiyashe

Offline jawillia1987

• Genin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • jawillia1987 has no influence.
  • Kuroi Clan Recruiting Agent/Leader
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kuroi Clan
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2015, 17:18:26 »
Limits, I'm sorry to say I will not respond to your chat as I believe we are having a communication problem, if you're misreading my chats, or just not getting it; maybe a combination of a couple things. I'm not trying to be difficult but we are on two different lines. Is anyone else looking at this that maybe can let me know if I'm not explaining myself or if I'm missing something?
  • Character Name: Jarui Uzumaki