Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 74140
Latest: DerekDix
New This Month: 600
New This Week: 133
New Today: 22
Stats
Total Posts: 108542
Total Topics: 41113
Most Online Today: 1603
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1583
Total: 1605

Author Topic: Tailed beast-like entities as zone sweepers  (Read 14043 times)

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Brakelvierr has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: The Kishu
Tailed beast-like entities as zone sweepers
« on: June 30, 2015, 10:08:27 »
Hey, I just wanted to see how people would respond to this idea and I am aware that tailed beasts were planned to be used as event battles.
So personally I come from a game that some of you may have tried in the past and that game is WoW, why bring that up, well in WoW they used to have mobs in certain zones referred to as zone sweepers (not so commonly added anymore) an example of this would be the Fel reaver from Hellfire Peninsula, a hulking colossus of fel energies who would patrol around the zone and kill poor noobs unfortunate enough to cross its path, it would require a raid team to bring it down, just because of how much health it had however the thing would respawn quite quickly and didn't really drop anything to my knowledge.

This I thought would work quite well as a concept with the tailed beasts, rather than having them appear randomly, have them patrol around a zone around each village and be ridiculously hard to fight, requiring a shinobi of kage level (as well as the backup of pretty much every ninja in the village) to kill and even then have them maybe be dead for only a week (shorter or longer, just thought a week was a round amount of time) and then respawn. I feel this would be pretty cool, 'cause it adds more to the planning and strategic side requiring you to plan around these tailed beasts when plotting missions, you could even make the random event mentioned a random attack by the same beast, this would be more accurate to the world of Naruto with them roaming around.

Generally the reasons for adding these sweeper mobs in a standard MMO come down to two main reasons:
1: Make the player fear, make them truly fear this hulking beast with seemingly unmatched (at the time) abilities because if they get caught by it that's the end for them.
2: When it is finally defeated it provides a sense of accomplishment in two ways:

The first, when you finally defeat it you feel a sense of growth and by that I mean how much your character and the person behind it have changed and grown in power, at one point you are fearing this monster and can't beat it, the next you have slain it, slain your fears and this makes you proud of how far you've come as a player and a character.

The second way is, once you have defeated this monster for the time it's inactive, those noobs I mentioned earlier (and even some advanced players to be fair) value you as a hero, you have defeated the monster that had blocked them from being able to do what they wanted to do or kept killing them over and over again, there isn't a greater feeling than the one a hero feels when he is cheered for his valour by his fans.

In an SLO setting, could you imagine the praise gotten from your village once you and your comrades have defeated the thing terrorising them after your long and arduous task of fighting it, you would become renowned as a legendary shinobi, one of the ones to drive away and defeat the tailed beast, maybe your name could be put on a plaque or something like that so that people remember your ninja and what lengths they went through to defend and help their village or to marvel at the power they held to help contend against the beast of seemingly unmatched power and ferocity.

I know this is getting quite long and rambly and please excuse me if this has been asked or suggested before (I personally hadn't seen anyone talking about it before) but I just felt like this was a good idea and wanted to get it off my mind and into the community so that it may receive feedback, thanks for reading if you stayed this long.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:12:13 by Brakelvierr »

• Character Name: Funso Mokushiroku
This Jutsu was passed down the Armstrong line for generations!

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Uzumaki Hari has no influence.
  • Go forth and be awesome like a Ninja!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: Heathen

Re: Tailed beast-like entities as zone sweepers
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 10:41:11 »
This was a great suggestion but there are no Tailed Beasts in SLO due to copyright issues :(

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 11:17:32 »
Yeah, I understand this, but there was talk of being Tailed beast-like entities that would randomly appear as event, but because I'm lazy and didn't wanna type it over and over again it just referred to them as tailed beasts XD.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 11:23:12 by Brakelvierr »

Offline BeowulfsBane

• Academy Student Poster
  • BeowulfsBane has no influence.
  • "I'll protect the Village, the Clan, and my name!"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kiiroissen
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 13:23:14 »
Brilliant idea, but they should be kept dead longer if you want that 'hero' effect to actually come into play.

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 14:42:15 »
Brilliant idea, but they should be kept dead longer if you want that 'hero' effect to actually come into play.

Yeah, I agree just a week sounded reasonable, although it does kind of undermine the 'hero' effect I talked about, well if this idea was adopted I'm sure it'd be thought further through than this XD

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 16:23:06 »
Uzu there will be Chakra beasts or smh that will be kind of an event or smh
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 16:30:08 »
As Shivraj said, chakra beasts will randomly appear in big land masses for people to go out and slay.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 18:44:50 »
I love this idea, but Shivraj is correct
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline Brakelvierr

• Academy Student Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 10:46:03 »
As Shivraj said, chakra beasts will randomly appear in big land masses for people to go out and slay.
I love this idea, but Shivraj is correct
Personally I don't see why this would conflict, because there is room for an event within this idea like 'The day it attacked the village' scenario. This would also make a bit more sense then it randomly appear, in Naruto they don't randomly appear (I mean kind of, but this is generally because they're sealed in the Jinchuuriki, but because we won't be having Jinchuuriki this means they'd roam around presumably how the tailed beasts in Naruto did before people figured out how to make Jinchuuriki) this'd be more 'realistic' than it popping out of thin air, this would also allow them to be written into the semblance of lore SLO'll have (I say semblance, 'cause the lore outside of the basis of the lore for the villages seems like it'll be created by us).

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 11:28:54 »
It only contradicts me if you want it to be weekly forever, like the event is not there but chakra beasts keep spawning each week, if you mean they spawn each week while the event is going on, then I guess that makes sense ^.^
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Reminance

• Hidden Thunder Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Reminance has no influence.
  • Leader of Roguhanta
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 11:47:10 »
I like the random thing more.
I dont know why and it doesnt even make sense.
But i wouldnt really care if this would get implemented :P
  • Character Name: Reminance

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 18:43:21 »
Kayleb posted something that went along the lines of "The game might try and be realistic but some things would be better done differently" (worded much better ofc) but I think randomly spawning beasts would just be better. Maybe a ball of chakra could just appear as a sign a beast is coming

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 19:25:18 »
Kayleb posted something that went along the lines of "The game might try and be realistic but some things would be better done differently" (worded much better ofc) but I think randomly spawning beasts would just be better. Maybe a ball of chakra could just appear as a sign a beast is coming

"People need to remember that this really is an MMORPG. Though it may be realistic, there must be aspects of a computer game, or it would simply be too chaotic."
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2015, 20:42:34 »
Eh same thing :p

Offline Hello49

• Academy Student Poster
  • Hello49 has no influence.
  • I'm new around here. Kinda know what's happenning
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 12:41:09 »
I feel the chakra beast should like guard some area outside the village? Like some treasure or something. Nothing too big but useful to everyone. So like the person who went and killed it WILL be loved by everyone. It could be some item that supports the village until the beast is respawned
  • Character Name: Kenzaki Daichi