Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 75133
Latest: Jeremyordek
New This Month: 548
New This Week: 112
New Today: 29
Stats
Total Posts: 208688
Total Topics: 126112
Most Online Today: 2291
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 13
Guests: 2267
Total: 2295

Author Topic: Attending Classes  (Read 8807 times)

Offline LordKawaii

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • LordKawaii has no influence.
  • Pestilence- Head of The White Horse Branch
    • View Profile
  • Organization: The Kishu

Attending Classes
« on: June 28, 2015, 09:08:45 »
Heyo Ninjas and Assorted others, I just wanted to start a thread about how academy classes will work, and see if anyone has any ideas. :D

I had an Idea that maybe everyone goes into their villages academy, and you either have classes divided by the 'grade' that the characters are in, or just have an assortment of different classes that players are randomly assigned too.

I'd like to hear any other ideas or suggestions, thanks :)

• Character Name: Byoki Mokushiroku
“For now I will stretch out my hand, that I may smite thee and thy people with pestilence; and thou shalt be cut off from the earth.”

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
Re: Attending Classes
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 09:19:30 »
There won't be any academy students, we'll start as a Genin, then promote to Chunin and then jonin.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 09:49:07 »
There won't be any academy students, we'll start as a Genin, then promote to Chunin and then jonin.

This, and as far as i know there's just going to be some small tutorials teaching you the basics and then you're genin.

Thing is, one of the main focus of games such as this one is fighting, so sitting around in a class for 10 minutes would bore someone to death, people wouldn't get as far into the game due to them not having the patience to get through the academy.

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Uzumaki Hari has no influence.
  • Go forth and be awesome like a Ninja!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 10:06:03 »
well i think that there should be a training ground in each village.......
if you complete the basic training exercise then you become a genin and get your villages headband......while completing the basic training exercise a @Vreg  also shows up who tells you the controls and stuff just like in most mmorpgs
there should also be a separate training ground where you train to advance your jutsu or learn to use the controls faster just like the training ground in naruto.......we can have moving targets too also we can have dummies to increase our taijutsu skills
an instructor can also be there who manually fights....by fighting him we can increase our battle experience
and yes each member has his own training ground when he enters the training ground
or there can be multiplayer training too.....where you fight your friend, of course no one gets killed but it increases your battle experience
(p.s: yes, i love dots and cant do much to control my habit also im sorry if i couldnt make it clear enough)

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 11:52:11 »
Having classrooms wouldn't really work that well imo. I wouldn't mind a classroom building, but that'd just take up more time to make and is a waste of time from my perspective.
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline LordKawaii

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • LordKawaii has no influence.
  • Pestilence- Head of The White Horse Branch
    • View Profile
  • Organization: The Kishu

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 14:44:30 »
Ah ok, I wasn't aware of this, I guess I should pay more attention :P, thanks everyone for correcting me.
  • Character Name: Byoki Mokushiroku
“For now I will stretch out my hand, that I may smite thee and thy people with pestilence; and thou shalt be cut off from the earth.”

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 15:00:23 »
Ah ok, I wasn't aware of this, I guess I should pay more attention :P, thanks everyone for correcting me.

It's fine. This is just our opinion, not necessarily how it'll turn out. We don't know what the development team may do with learning in SLO, they may find a way to make this work. Just don't be worried to make a suggestion in case you're wrong, it's better to ask a stupid question than not to ask at all.

Offline EternalEyes

• Concept Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • EternalEyes has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 15:01:41 »
Yeah its like these guys said. You do technically start as an academy student, but this part is the very first section, where you are taught basic jutsu, movement, taijutsu, etc. Essentially the base for everything. Once you have completed all these sections, you will be awarded with a headband, and become a genin, where you can narrow down and improve the particular skills you want. The reason we decided to do this is because as mentioned,  it would be very hard to organize exams(written) and because most of the typically 'fun' things actually start when u become a genin(questing, your own team and mentor, advanced training etc).

Oh and as a side note, book learning will certainly be available. In fact, those dedicated enough to find books/scrolls on different subjects, either from a library or scattered throughout the world will gain a significant advantage in combat and general skill improvement. As well as this, guides and maps to find forbidden and poweful jutsu scrolls have also been discussed to be hidden both in obscure locations and the larger and more ancient library's throughout the world.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 15:07:30 by EternalEyes »
  • Character Name: EternalEyes

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 15:07:25 »
Lol there will be academy students. And there will also be genin exams, as Vreg has aid numerous times.

To add onto what EE said, I think written exams should require some revision. The tests would be based on the SLO universe. You ma have to go to the village library and get some basic knowledge of the SLO universe.
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 16:54:55 »
What we have currently planned goes something like this: In the MMO, you will start as an Academy Student and after completing the basic tutorial which covers the base mechanisms of SLO, you will be given your headband and called a shinobi of Genin rank. How your rank improves further on will depend on your ELO rating, ELO is a system which SLO will use to rate the individual skill of shinobi.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline EternalEyes

• Concept Artist
  • Shinobi Life Online Developer
  • Chunin Poster
  • EternalEyes has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2015, 17:37:11 »
Yeah thats what i thought^^. However Straw, there will be some tests which require revision of some sort, for example the chunnin and jounin exams will certainly require knowledge about konoha and other topics, which will of course be specified beforehand in some sort of spec. However doing that kind of thing at academy level is kinda unnecessary, better reserve it for only the upper levels which far less people will achieve
  • Character Name: EternalEyes

Offline Uzumaki Hari

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Uzumaki Hari has no influence.
  • Go forth and be awesome like a Ninja!
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Tsukegami Clan
  • Organization: Heathen

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2015, 18:11:29 »
You guyz amaze me each second of the day and night, day and night, day and night.......oh lol i should stop

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2015, 18:13:19 »
What we have currently planned goes something like this: In the MMO, you will start as an Academy Student and after completing the basic tutorial which covers the base mechanisms of SLO, you will be given your headband and called a shinobi of Genin rank. How your rank improves further on will depend on your ELO rating, ELO is a system which SLO will use to rate the individual skill of shinobi.
Surely if further ranks are based on your ELO there will be no Chunin exam? :(
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 18:15:01 by Mars »
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2015, 18:25:04 »
Surely if further ranks are based on your ELO there will be no Chunin exam? :(

Mars does raise a point. I think that when you reach a certain ELO rating, you're allowed to take a Chuunin exam. If you dip below that ELO rating, then you can't take part in the exam. You can take the Chuunin exam no matter how high your ELO rating is above, but if you fail, and your ELO rating dips below the benchmark again, you should need to gain that ELO rating again before you can take it again.

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2015, 19:52:00 »
Ninja ranks in villages are different to ELO ranks. ELO is how good you are as a shinobi. Chunin and Jonin is a title for a vilage
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Recent Topics

Top Posters

HyonHighsmith
training71
FrankJScott
Aliceref
Mars
Reminance
Shivraj
MaryannSok
m4r1us