Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 74977
Latest: Waynetaunk
New This Month: 389
New This Week: 129
New Today: 21
Stats
Total Posts: 188174
Total Topics: 109598
Most Online Today: 2237
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 12
Guests: 1848
Total: 1873

Author Topic: Genjutsu  (Read 16108 times)

Offline Tsunayoshi

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tsunayoshi has no influence.
  • -Join the Vongola yoho
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kaiyō
Re: Genjutsu
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 10:09:00 »
There must also be a condition for casting a Genjutsu, one can't simply cast a genjutsu on someone that's cautious. Just like Itachi, in order to cast his GenJutsus the victim has to look at his Sharingan only then will the Genjutsu begin.

• Character Name: Tsunayoshi Kaiyo

Offline SirTroll

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 10:27:29 »
There must also be a condition for casting a Genjutsu, one can't simply cast a genjutsu on someone that's cautious. Just like Itachi, in order to cast his GenJutsus the victim has to look at his Sharingan only then will the Genjutsu begin.

Not necessarily, Itachi also placed Naruto (when he was extremely cautious) under a genjutsu when he pointed a finger at him.

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 15:09:30 »

Not necessarily, Itachi also placed Naruto (when he was extremely cautious) under a genjutsu when he pointed a finger at him.

I think it was implied that he merely focused Naruto's attention onto that one object, much akin to how he got Kabuto to focus on multiple details of their fight before trapping him within a Genjutsu because of it. Both of those times, he took advantage of his opponents' senses in order to deceive them.

I think you might be onto something there Shocks -- only, it seems more likely that type of mistake would be made by lower-end Genjutsu users; or perhaps, if you simply haven't excessively practiced with that Genjutsu, then you're more capable of being 'sniffed out', as it were?

[Edit: I read Shocks post wrong, mistakenly thinking he was talking about the Genjutsu caster himself accidentally melding the two players' senses together into one reality, where in which the victim *might* have a chance of locating the caster by an unmanipulated auditory sense.]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 15:14:26 by dragon6624 »
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline SpeakingRain

• Special Jonin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • SpeakingRain has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Hyakki Yagyō

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 16:24:01 »
[quote author=Shocks link=topic=1334.msg39282#msg39282 date=
I like the idea of the player being teleported somewhere and having to escape a maze or a situation where they are in danger, or being in the same place but not being able to touch anybody they can see, some genjutsu i think could also be defensive, so the victim no longer see's you the caster, but see's a duplicate but with an A.I. thats not physical, but you are able to attack as if almost invisible but only to that player or people hit by the genjutsu, i think a creative way out of this or to combat this would be to adjust distance/sound so people can tell exactly where sound is coming from, so the AI wouldn't make any sound when it runs because its not physical, but you still would giving them the chance to find you by sound, creative aspect to try out :P
[/quote]

I like that! The PC seeing one thing but hearing another. The genjutsu user could maybe even position himself so that the victim follows him into a trap.

I think there should be many different kinds of genjutsu, just like ninjutsu. I'm glad you like or had an idea similair to my Torture-type genjutsu (I swear, I don't think anybody can read it).
  • Character Name: Ginko
Find true freedom. Join the Land of Wolves, free from the corrupt Kage system.

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • NinjaMirage has no influence.
  • I like anything fast enough to do something stupid
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Shizen_Clan

• Organization: Jutsu Hunter

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2016, 17:36:24 »
The kind of genjutsu you all want would be amazing.. But it's utterly impossible in the game system we are currently using..
That is why genjutsu will be mainly control matipulation and maybe at high levels could shift your hit boxes slightly off center of your body for a short time- this effect would likewise have a long cool down. But it would make them wonder why there attack was unaffective.
However if genjutsu effects stamina in some way then it will be useful along with Taijutsu users as well as ninjutsu users. This is different from naruto because most genjutsu users in naruto are bad at close combat according to kabuto.

Offline Shocks

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Shocks has no influence.
  • Motsomoto - Balance is almost impossible, almost.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hitomi

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2016, 19:51:48 »
I've used unity, it's not impossible trust me on that.
  • Character Name: Motsomoto Hitomi

Offline Shocks

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Shocks has no influence.
  • Motsomoto - Balance is almost impossible, almost.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hitomi

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 18:43:34 »
The kind of genjutsu you all want would be amazing.. But it's utterly impossible in the game system we are currently using..
That is why genjutsu will be mainly control matipulation and maybe at high levels could shift your hit boxes slightly off center of your body for a short time- this effect would likewise have a long cool down. But it would make them wonder why there attack was unaffective.
However if genjutsu effects stamina in some way then it will be useful along with Taijutsu users as well as ninjutsu users. This is different from naruto because most genjutsu users in naruto are bad at close combat according to kabuto.

Moving hitboxes is dangerous in terms of genjutsu as it can be exploited, i'm telling you that from a hacker background, people could exploit it and people would just think they are using genjutsu but with no evidence of a hack.

Practically genjutsu are crowd control this has already been state but ideally will have more defensive implications and will involve strategy rather than button mashing.

I like the idea of some genjutsu needing conditions, for example you talk about itachi, first condition is he has the sharingan, so depending on what kind of race/clan abilities the devs will allow people to have or upgrade to if something like that is implicated, certain clan abilities would unlock a school of jutsu under that tree, as the clan levels up the high ranks of the clan can unlock them and players in the clan by contributing to the clan like in WOW can help unlock stuff - rewards as it were, and players can unlock those skills genjutsu jutsu ninjutsu taijutsu moves or buffs/boons by meeting the conditions to use them ect.

Now i dont think we will be copying sharingan, but i think SLO has the potential to create some similar abilities like "chidori" ect, if we do have sharingan all the better depends on what route they take, but they could create blood traits for clans allowing unique abilities in this way, eye patterns, styles of chakra release based on clans ect, like we already know what styles we have, we dont have particle style from the land of stone, that could be a clan based tree? or maybe in a later update.

also in terms like this, there should also be unique styles hidden in the game i think, allowing people to go searching and use abilities no one else can, for example have a small tree of unique skills, and have the devs place the item in the server in a location of their choosing, when the person finds the item they unlock a random jutsu in that tree, allowing very few people to have very unique skills, this seporating players a little, because someone like choji wouldnt stand a chance against someone like madara who had unique abilities, kabuto is a perfect example.

what i would love to know is will we have SAGE modes? snake dragon beasts curse frog ect. Summonings small pets for crowd control and tanking or distracting, and larger ones for traveling and larger scale combat at max level > ascended skills.

Because in terms of genjutsu, it seems to be one of the most powerful abilities ever, considering what madara did to the whole shinobi world with the infinite tsukuyomi. So we do need a very in depth system, conditions > trigger > activate < conditions to exit, that kind of intense system will need in depth coding to create real strategy otherwise battles will be littered with everyone using genjutsu and then killing everyone who isnt moving lol. The conditions should be higher vs the result on the victim, and maybe some bad side effects for people who have their genjutsu fail or break making it harder for them to be used, so people must plan a head of on the fly how they will get this person under the genjutsu, fighting while planning when the moment to use it is, and like in Age of Wulin/Wushu when you die from another player outside of a gamemode like deathmatch, you should get a debuff.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 18:51:08 by Shocks »
  • Character Name: Motsomoto Hitomi

Offline Manuster

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2016, 14:30:28 »
'Players' that run around, avoiding all contact whenever possible, only to be revealed as intangible objects; A 'heavy downpour' that was never there to begin with, but --from the victim's perspective-- seemed to slowly begin, then grow in strength until it was incredibly difficult to see through; Or perhaps a bit more obviously, the distant sound of combat that is in fact, only an alluring use of the victim's auditory senses.

I know this is a really late reply but are those ideas are really good. A problem is that the caster will have to weave signs so the target will know that something has been cast, even if they dont see it immediately.
RIP my old sig, got too annoying for even me

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 20:57:06 »
'Players' that run around, avoiding all contact whenever possible, only to be revealed as intangible objects; A 'heavy downpour' that was never there to begin with, but --from the victim's perspective-- seemed to slowly begin, then grow in strength until it was incredibly difficult to see through; Or perhaps a bit more obviously, the distant sound of combat that is in fact, only an alluring use of the victim's auditory senses.

I know this is a really late reply but are those ideas are really good. A problem is that the caster will have to weave signs so the target will know that something has been cast, even if they dont see it immediately.
Naaaah just like how taijutsu will be combo based (SO I believe) I doubt that they'll be hand signs for genjutsu, of course you'll have one or two genjutsu that will have hand signs but most genjutsu won't be based on that.

Yeah but I'm sure you're thinking right now, "oh goodness if I don't see hand signs how do I know its a genjutsu." Well of course this is an issue but not that much I propose you could use something like this for each genjutsu

Eye genjutsu: of course no hand sign is required for this so how can a user detect this, well why not use something similiar to the wind bullet, whenever a user uses a eye genjutsu you would see something like a wind bullet approaching of course it'll be faster and thus giving you a chance to evade it of course it'll only make sense if the move hits the opponent right in the face.

For sound genjustu (whether it be speaking/sound): A faint small meter  should appear in the top right corner indicating that you will fall in a sound genjutsu if you don't leave the radius in which the sound is in if you fail to leave then boom genjutsu

For touch: well I recommend that there should be hand signs for these but the only difference is that once this is activated for a small window of time if the opponent is touched then boom their in a genjutsu, this includes whether they block a punch,parry and attack and e.t.c anything that involves touching would result in a genjutsu

Yeap yeah that's all I got yeah I know some legendary ideas up in this hizzy
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline Dragon6624

• Jonin Poster
  • Dragon6624 has no influence.
  • True art is a....[WIP]
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Kurohasu
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2016, 01:42:26 »
@Yamasukage
In terms of a warning sign of some sort, how 'bout making all three be *capable* of being detected if your character is trained in certain techniques? The warning sign wouldn't be a UI-symbol, but rather, it could instead be a faint aura that pulses (think a single-coloured, silhouetted outline performing a single pulse outward), once from the victim-to-be character's body -- as a sort of subtle signal telling the player-character that their chakra networks have picked up interference. With higher-tier Genjutsu, this aura could be faint or even non-existent, depending on whether or not the player-character has trained up the appropriate level of counter-measures...and of course, lower-tier Genjutsu would have just the opposite effect.

Of course, different Genjutsu will have different preparation-times/animations (some for example requiring you use both hand-signs and stay still, whilst others would instead require player eye-eye contact being achieved with the aim-reticule.), but this is merely a suggestion for what the player on the receiving end of said techniques should have as a signal of the enemy's intent (if any -- again, it depends entirely on the focuses/skill-tiers of the opposing shinobi), as most Genjutsu will probably be used only slyly, or perhaps without the caster even being seen by their victim.

In fact, that could lead to an interesting counter-measure technique: Imagine training up your ability to sense high enough to accurately pin-point the hidden location of a Genjutsu's caster...come to think of it, would that technically mean your character could sense the caster from *within* the Genjutsu?

*It'd be a hell of a surprise for any Genjutsu user unknowingly dealing with a Jonin-level shinobi that really knows their shit*
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:09:51 by dragon6624 »
  • Character Name: Shingen Kajahara
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Valued Virtues.   .   .   .   .   .
  ~{Empathy, Confidence, Wisdom and Wit}~
.   .   .   .   .   .   .~~~~~~~~~.   .   .   .   .   .

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2016, 18:35:48 »
Genjutsu should work on the seances but I say they should Realy only have 1 or 3 effects
Draw agro
Crowd control
Or
Illusion

Offline Ghost0000

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 08:48:29 »
Yall will be trapt in my sexy genjustu. :P
  • Character Name: Ghost Raiu

Offline Yamasukage

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Yamasukage has no influence.
  • I lay claim to all that falls within my sight
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 15:30:13 »
Yall will be trapt in my sexy genjustu. :P
no you don't just troll like that

no
  • Character Name: Yamanagi Sandareisu

Offline WithACloud

• Academy Student Poster
  • WithACloud has no influence.
  • Honey in your hair!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Exitium Blade
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2016, 06:26:12 »
An easy way to simulate a horror scenario without getting too far in depth is to spoof a health drain ability on the target, make it seem as though they're taking damage for a few seconds even if they haven't actually taken any damage. This could create the sense of paranoia throughout a fight without getting very visual or complex.
  • Character Name: Reinhard
"Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

Offline NinjaMirage

• Shadow Sennin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2016, 11:52:22 »
The problem with this is people might get 😭 especially if they end up loosing a character because of what they think is a glitch in the game.. if your health is not reading acutely then it has to be clear that your under a genjutsu- witch defeats the point.