Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 71722
Latest: VincentSoiva
New This Month: 109
New This Week: 17
New Today: 17
Stats
Total Posts: 83887
Total Topics: 25871
Most Online Today: 1181
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1139
Total: 1149

Author Topic: In combat maximum speed  (Read 26635 times)

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
Re: In combat maximum speed
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2015, 23:45:48 »
You're all talking about getting stabbed and bleeding out, health is not just measure by how much blood you have left. I know you are not talking about getting stabbed anymore but i'm gonna say this anyway.
Don't believe everything on T.V. man, In real life if you get stabbed you're not going to die immediately (unless is in the head). When you get stabbed is all about "Where it stabbed you",  such complex system will not be even be needed in this game so throw this to the window. And i'm not even sure if a bleeding system will be in the game. But if it were, 5% is obviously unrealistic since at that time you should be laying on the floor, but a really realistic combat max speed system would be too unfair, like totally unfair. Stop arguing and live with it. if yo want realistic go play a survival game ;)
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2015, 23:47:50 »
if yo want realistic go play a survival game ;)
I am afraid the creator himself is the fist supporter of a realistic gameplay, so I don't think we'll be the ones to leave.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2015, 23:56:10 »
if yo want realistic go play a survival game ;)
I am afraid the creator himself is the fist supporter of a realistic gameplay, so I don't think we'll be the ones to leave.

I know so, but such game as SLO will impossibly be "realistic". I mean, we're talking about supernatural techniques. I support any other addition to make it more realistic such as an example he gave himself "No talking creatures". But this is not a survival game, there may be similarities, but it is not.
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline Raenir

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Raenir has no influence.
  • Recruiting for Kurohasu!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2015, 23:58:04 »
I guess we can agree to disagree on how realistic the game should be Xendrus :) You made a comparison to players being killed while unmoving to a high calibur sniper blowing off a person's limbs. I remember seeing it, whether you claim it was there or not. Anyhow, if you wish to continue down talking me, then by all means do so. Just keep in mind, that it is not making you any more convincing and it doesn't help you with your case.
  • Character Name: Yoru Kusemono

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2015, 23:59:45 »
Not being able to move when you're almost dead is more than realistic in the real world.
In this world people will be able to do lots of things out of the ordinary.
Not taking sides, just putting it out there.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline America

• Hidden Metal Kage
  • Patriotic Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 5
  • America has no influence.
  • 初代目金属影 - First Kinzokukage
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2015, 23:59:58 »
I guess we can agree to disagree on how realistic the game should be Xendrus :) You made a comparison to players being killed while unmoving to a high calibur sniper blowing off a person's limbs. I remember seeing it, whether you claim it was there or not. Anyhow, if you wish to continue down talking me, then by all means do so. Just keep in mind, that it is not making you any more convincing and it doesn't help you with your case.

I'm pretty convinced by Xen. He's got a valid point.
  • Character Name: Onoyari Hinode

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2015, 00:01:36 »

I'm pretty convinced by Xen. He's got a valid point.
And you're not convinced at all by Raenir?
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2015, 00:02:42 »
I have been convinced by Xendrus. His arguments made more sense in, what I claim to be, an unbiased opinion.

Offline Raenir

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2015, 00:07:35 »
@America If you feel Xen is right then by all means you are entitled to your own opinion. I may not agree with you and I may feel that at a certain point a game such as SLO can be considered "too realistic", but I feel in the world of Shinobi there are going to be a lot of things that in comparison to a real life setting, are just going to have to be unrealistic. That is the nature of a game inspired by ninjas and supernatural powers. If you would like to maybe find a middle ground, then i would gladly offer suggestions. For example, with there being multiple levels of difficulty, you could apply a more hyper realistic game-style (in my eyes, what is being described by Xen and supported by you), to the Hardcore/Perma-Death server of this game. 

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
    • View Profile

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2015, 00:11:40 »
@America If you feel Xen is right then by all means you are entitled to your own opinion. I may not agree with you and I may feel that at a certain point a game such as SLO can be considered "too realistic", but I feel in the world of Shinobi there are going to be a lot of things that in comparison to a real life setting, are just going to have to be unrealistic. That is the nature of a game inspired by ninjas and supernatural powers. If you would like to maybe find a middle ground, then i would gladly offer suggestions. For example, with there being multiple levels of difficulty, you could apply a more hyper realistic game-style (in my eyes, what is being described by Xen and supported by you), to the Hardcore/Perma-Death server of this game. 

Many things from powers, to chakra and walking on water are unrealistic compared to the real world. However, the anatomy and reactions of the human body to injuries is not one of those unrealistic features. A stab has the same effect in an anime just like in the real world. Unless the one being stabbed is some mutant with an irrational healing factor. Perhaps someone like Tsunade could control the hemorrhage to some extent, but even she, being a human, would eventually end up unable to walk due to a loss of blood as big as 95% of the wholesome quantity.

Offline InfinityQuake

• Genin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • InfinityQuake has no influence.
  • Thinking.
    • View Profile
  • Organization:
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2015, 00:13:38 »
I have been convinced by Xendrus. His arguments made more sense in, what I claim to be, an unbiased opinion.

Xendrus...'s points have reached into my soul and given me guidance. Please, do not dig even deeper into this hole, @Raenir.
  • Character Name: Mamushi

Kill the excuses or the excuses kill you.

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2015, 00:15:18 »
k guys.

First off, I am not 100% referring to blood. I am talking simply about the health gauge. Bleeding was just an example.

Secondly, I am not saying this game is going to be completely realistic, nor did I say I wanted that. Both Rayzote and Raenir magically came to that conclusion. I am simply SUGGESTING that this be implemented into the game because it is realistic, and the game is going for a realistic feel. That is it, plain and simple. Giving a realistic suggestion for an aspect of the game is just that, giving a suggestion for that aspect of the game. I am in no way saying "OMG MAKE THE GAME 100% REAL LIFE!"

Also, this isn't a post only directed at anyone so don't get all salty over it.

k.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline Shadow1759

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
  • Shadow1759 has no influence.
  • Greed of the Yugure council, who explodes a lot.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: All About That Clanless Life
  • Organization:
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2015, 00:20:00 »
Gotta agree with Xendrus on this one. He makes several valid points and it seems like you are just restating yourself over and over while Xendrus constantly has to repeat himself to disprove it. It is honestly just a waste of time at this point, gg no re kthx.
  • Character Name: Sanashi Shimokaze

Offline Raenir

• Chunin Donator
  • Genin Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2015, 00:23:05 »
"Just because the game is being based off of the Naruto Universe doesn't mean it's going to be unrealistic like Naruto is. It is a REALISTIC SIMULATION. End of discussion." -Xendrus     
is what lead to my "magical conclusion"

And we are only disagreeing with your suggestion and stating we think that the way you want it to be implemented isn't necessarily what we feel to be the right course of action :) We are giving suggestions as well.

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2015, 00:27:47 »
My statement then Raenir is pretty much a quote from Vreg himself. It's a realistic simulation of the Naruto Universe. It's called a realistic simulation because it's going to be realistic. Obviously, not everything can be 100% realistic, but the suggestion I made is, and it fits perfectly with how the direction of how the game will go.

However, just because I suggested it, and it fits, doesn't mean that's how Vreg wants it, and I understand this. In the end a suggestion is a suggestion and mine should not have caused such a flame war. It's a realistic suggestion for a game aiming to be realistic.

Let's just cease this shit fest.

k.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...