Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 72492
Latest: Timsop
New This Month: 879
New This Week: 21
New Today: 9
Stats
Total Posts: 85219
Total Topics: 26473
Most Online Today: 756
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 711
Total: 729

Author Topic: Some Clan Questions  (Read 19989 times)

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
Re: Some Clan Questions
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2015, 00:00:27 »
As far as rogue orgs, I am thinking just have purchasable areas, like caves, spread across the SLO Word and add an instance trigger line. When you cross the line, you disappear to everyone outside the line as you're transferred into the instance for your base of operations.
Would it not be cool to have some huge ass area or fort that rogue organisations could take over, control and use for whatever means necessary. But it could be attacked by other rogue orgs. When you attack it and have destroyed the owners defences, you could have it for yourself and the process would carry on.
This is just an idea of mine but I wouldn't like all of the areas outside the villages to be like this, just some.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 00:02:28 by Mars »
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2015, 00:14:20 »
Man, i didn't want to do this, but i will, The video will start at minute 19.

http://youtu.be/x2DUVw-Tcec?t=19m29s

This video is about an oncoming game, those guys talk about the housing system that it will implement. Don't focus on the game! or if SLO and the game are completely different!. Just look at the housing system, that's what I'd love to see. in the video shows that the housing is by renting , not buying it, and it may actually be a better idea to use rent instead of buying. Also, in the video you see that whoever is playing, is filling his house with furniture.

That's what my idea of personal housing should be like.
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2015, 05:55:35 »
Would it not be cool to have some huge ass area or fort that rogue organisations could take over, control and use for whatever means necessary. But it could be attacked by other rogue orgs. When you attack it and have destroyed the owners defences, you could have it for yourself and the process would carry on.
This is just an idea of mine but I wouldn't like all of the areas outside the villages to be like this, just some.

The problem with this would be the simple fact of numbers. In time, SLO will have -a lot- of rogue orgs/orgs, and if every base was open to everyone a massive strain would be put on servers. It just wouldn't be able to work that way.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...

Offline Kai

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kai has no influence.
    • View Profile
    • MyAnimeList
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan
  • Organization: Yurei
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2015, 07:53:26 »

This video is about an oncoming game, those guys talk about the housing system that it will implement. Don't focus on the game! or if SLO and the game are completely different!. Just look at the housing system, that's what I'd love to see. in the video shows that the housing is by renting , not buying it, and it may actually be a better idea to use rent instead of buying. Also, in the video you see that whoever is playing, is filling his house with furniture.

That's a good idea, but how about we can rent and buy. If you don't have enough money to buy a house you can just rent it every month. If you you have enough money then you can buy it. Also maybe you'd have to pay bills for stuff.

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 10:59:25 »

That's a good idea, but how about we can rent and buy. If you don't have enough money to buy a house you can just rent it every month. If you you have enough money then you can buy it. Also maybe you'd have to pay bills for stuff.
Yeah, having houses which cost a lot would eliminate the need for millions of houses. Though there will still be a lot of players who will want a house, so what would happen when there aren't any houses left?

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 15:47:03 »

Yeah, having houses which cost a lot would eliminate the need for millions of houses. Though there will still be a lot of players who will want a house, so what would happen when there aren't any houses left?

I really dont have ideas for that >.<

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2015, 17:50:18 »
Alright, here you go Vreg:

First and foremost, personal housing:

As Da Leeb has stated above, SLO will eventually fill up with a large amount of players, and the need for personal housing will grow with that. To combat this, personal houses will need to be in their own, unique instance. In doing so, each different house can be different dependent on the instance used. This will allow you to use something like tiers I suppose? For instance, if player A is more poor than player B and they can only afford say, an apartment of say tier 1 (We will address tiers in a second), then their personal housing instance/phase is that of an apartment.

Let's switch over to player B now. Player B purchases a full on house for a much larger amount, maybe because he has a family... Or is a pimping ass G with money to spare. Either way, he now has a house of say, tier 2 just for variety in tiers. Obviously, his house is larger than player A's apartment, and he has more freedom and space to edit said home. Cool.

Now that we've established their residents, it is time to talk about tiers. This one is simple yea, you have variations of a house/home someone can buy, obviously. These are whatever Vreg deems fit to have in the game, but the obvious ones will be apartments, houses, org. buildings, etc. Well, for these individual homes, they each have tiers. Tiers 1- whatever, the higher number being a better, larger, sexier version. For now, there are only 3 tiers, tier 3 being pretty large and open and sexy. Give the players access to edit how their homes look, and you can even lock tier 2 and 3 for premium members if you allow regular members to purchase homes.

Onto what the instances are. You can first break the instances down into how many variations of homes will be created, later breaking them down so that everyone has their -own- instance... In a sense. What this means is simple enough. For example, you have two players who have purchased an apartment in the same building. As soon as they get to the door leading to the stairs and choose to go to their room, they are moved to their "own" instance. They are somewhat in their own "realm" and can only be seen by other players who are on that very same "realm". This means that if you allow it, other players would be allowed into your home, transferring them into that phase/instance allowing you to see each other. This idea comes directly from World of Warcraft, and it's a great one for housing.

For everything else, housing wise:

By everything else, I mean just that. Clans, Rogue Orgs, Regular Orgs, etc. The same principles work for these other housing environments, and their large buildings. I think that there can be designated sections in villages, or right outside villages or whatever for clans where, when in a clan, walking beyond that point transfers you to a different phase and into your clans purchased land.

Regular/Rogue Orgs: I'm not sure where regular orgs would buy their base of operations, but the same principle applies for it all. As far as rogue orgs, I am thinking just have purchasable areas, like caves, spread across the SLO Word and add an instance trigger line. When you cross the line, you disappear to everyone outside the line as you're transferred into the instance for your base of operations.

I think that this will be the best system for housing, as well as add to the possibilities for editing. Yea. If there's anything unclear about my post I will gladly clarify.
Thanks for the clarification @Xendrus... , while most of what you said I already had in mind, I didn't think of categorizing houses in tiers which might be an interesting thing to do.

For everyone else wondering about the issue of running out of unique houses for players, that is an issue which cannot be resolved directly in the type of world SLO will take place in. There has not been a single game in history that has managed to have an existing city that could provide unique houses for each of its players. The reason being that game worlds are simply a lot smaller than the real world, a game city does not even come close to a real city in size. If we didn't work with a pre-defined village system and allowed players to completely populate and build the SLO's world on their own, then unique houses for individual players would become a possibility.

Indirectly, you can deal with this issue by letting players own instances of houses, that way a village with say 300+ buildings can provide housing for millions of players. As Xendrus... described (and as I've told him in a private conversation), your house only becomes unique the moment you enter it. So one visible house from the outside can literally be owned by thousands of players, where each player has its own unique copy of it.

Additionally, we can limit owning real estate to a specific world where buying a house only makes you own it in the world you bought it in. The very wealthy can of course purchase of a copy of their house in every world if that's what they want. That way, if a village has 300 buildings, and there are 300 worlds, you can literally have unique buildings for 90 000 players in one village. The more unique buildings possible in this way, the lower a village's average building cluster would be. The building cluster would be the amount of players that own a specific building in a specific world. We want to keep the building cluster as low as possible for a more realistic experience.

Earlier I mentioned an interesting point, why not start with an empty world and let the players build it into villages and what not. I will summarize the pros and contras that I see in this approach and I'd like to get your opinions about it too.

Pros:
  • - Highly diverse and unique world, where every player can own a unique house they built or bought.
  • - Organizations can literally build a stronghold.
  • - Players can build hidden village type villages.
  • - Conquering a village instantly becomes much more interesting, where you can take it over or completely destroy it.
  • - And just so many more possibilities I'm not bothered to mention.

Contras:
  • - No standard village system, most of what's already planned won't work with this.
  • - The world starts out empty and boring without any organization.
  • - Villages and what not will not nearly look as beautiful as they would if they were designed by professional artists.
  • - A complex system is required to manage all of this.
  • - I'll mention this again because it's important, you won't start out as a village shinobi, and won't be able to do everything that comes with this.
  • - I don't really know what you would start out as.

Now feel free to discuss.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline StrawHatSeyi

• Genin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • StrawHatSeyi has no influence.
  • You don't want no smoke
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2015, 17:55:56 »
Sooooo, we won't start out as a Ninja?
  • Character Name: Tenzo Himitsu

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2015, 18:13:49 »
Sooooo, we won't start out as a Ninja?
Did you even read Vreg's post?

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2015, 18:16:12 »
I don't really know what you would start out as.

A citizen or builder? lol

Contras:
  • - The world starts out empty and boring without any organization.
  • - Villages and what not will not nearly look as beautiful as they would if they were designed by professional artists.

I can't take this! everyone will want to get in the game and start fighting, spying and stuff. This would not work, only thing can be done, is take recommendations from us, the users (which is not even necessary). Customization is something is becoming common in MMORPG, because everybody loves to make their own ideas into something like this. The problem with your idea, is that such big customization may create glitches, as beautiful as it sounds, My opinion is that it will not work. In games like this customization is a big deal when someone talks about making it an addition to the game, yes, obviously customization has to be in the game in some options. But..... i just think it would be something amazing, but i will just not work. Unless you bring people from minecraft i will not leave the fate of the village in the hands of anyone xD.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 18:19:20 by rayzote »

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2015, 19:14:23 »
How about this.
Start of with a few ready built villages and then have a few villages unbuilt and be built by the community? That way you can have those who want to get stuck in get stuck in and those who want to have a personal space or build their own village have that too.
This is merely a suggestion I didn't think much about so what I am suggesting could be total bullshit and impossible.
But yeah if what I say sparks a solution that's great :)
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2015, 19:19:16 »
How about this.
Start of with a few ready built villages and then have a few villages unbuilt and be built by the community? That way you can have those who want to get stuck in get stuck in and those who want to have a personal space or build their own village have that too.
This is merely a suggestion I didn't think much about so what I am suggesting could be total bullshit and impossible.
Or we could just go with the 11 villages and stop the minecraft charade. Who is going to spend his time indoors in a game, especially a Naruto-based one? I'm all for owning houses, and at the same time against the player-constructed villages.

I personally wouldn't like to start off as this:

instead of a shinobi.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 19:22:25 by m4r1us »
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Leebz

• Cursed Sennin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Leebz has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
    Yoru
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2015, 19:25:13 »
How about this.
Or we could just go with the 11 villages and stop the minecraft charade. Who is going to spend his time indoors in a game, especially a Naruto-based one? I'm all for owning houses, and at the same time against the player-constructed villages.

instead of a shinobi.
I was following up on what Vreg said about creating a village. I was just supplying an answer for both groups xD
I don't wanna build a village either. I was just suggesting a solution :P
  • Character Name: Onimaro Nakai

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2015, 19:26:42 »
How about this.

instead of a shinobi.
I was following up on what Vreg said about creating a village. I was just supplying an answer for both groups xD
I don't wanna build a village either. I was just suggesting a solution :P
I have a feeling that noone will want the building villages solution. The cons far outweigh the pros.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2015, 19:28:06 »
I don't want it either just fyi.
  • Character Name: Vuregu