Important News

We have released Shinobi Life Online Pre-Alpha Version 1.1.0.0! This update features Earth Release: Earth Dome Jutsu, Aiming Mode and more! Try it out and tell us what you think.

User

Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.

Forgot your password?

Discord

Statistics

Members
Total Members: 71723
Latest: Roccomot
New This Month: 110
New This Week: 18
New Today: 18
Stats
Total Posts: 83888
Total Topics: 25871
Most Online Today: 1181
Most Online Ever: 4232
(January 14, 2020, 07:47:33)
Users Online
Members: 2
Guests: 1152
Total: 1161
Roccomot
EdithSoure
Google (7)

Poll

Rogue vs Not Rogue

Rogue
Not Rogue
Don't Know Yet

Author Topic: Non-Rogue vs Rogue  (Read 15624 times)

Offline evolutionary-blaze

• Chunin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • evolutionary-blaze has no influence.
  • I'm as cool as an ice cube :3
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k388/halika202/Kabuto_zpsfb4b0f4c.gif[/IMG
Re: Non-Rogue vs Rogue
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 23:21:40 »
ofc ppl probs just dreaming of being a "bad ass"
  • Character Name: takashi

Offline lukke10

• Academy Student Poster
  • lukke10 has no influence.
  • New here, mostly just stalks the forum;never posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 00:58:46 »
Well until the game actually releases nobody can really tell, I mean we know all the facts and can get a pretty good pic of how it's going to be; hence why so many are gonna go rouge. But I do think that being rogue isnt as easy as most of us may imagine it to be, and most people ( including I ) will realize that for survival purposes, and maintaining a good character its probably the best to stay non-rogue ( cause of all the bounty hunters and anbu-like organizations ). Sure a rogue clan/organization can give you protection, but it's still much safer to stay in a village where the popo will keep ya safe. Ha it seems like im trash talking about going rogue, but alot of people are still going it and im sure it will be a great challenge!
  • Character Name: Jenova

Offline Shirihata

• Chunin Donator
  • Academy Student Poster
  • Shirihata has no influence.
  • Shirihata is my name ;3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 01:22:53 »
Well until the game actually releases nobody can really tell, I mean we know all the facts and can get a pretty good pic of how it's going to be; hence why so many are gonna go rouge. But I do think that being rogue isnt as easy as most of us may imagine it to be, and most people ( including I ) will realize that for survival purposes, and maintaining a good character its probably the best to stay non-rogue ( cause of all the bounty hunters and anbu-like organizations ). Sure a rogue clan/organization can give you protection, but it's still much safer to stay in a village where the popo will keep ya safe. Ha it seems like im trash talking about going rogue, but alot of people are still going it and im sure it will be a great challenge!
Very much agreed, I'm non-rouge in the permanent death one, but in non hardcore im rouge
  • Character Name: Shirihata
So I guess this is my signature so I'd better make it nice.

Wow. I have pretty neat handwriting.

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2015, 04:21:49 »
Being non-rogue is going to be much more relaxing. You will get to enjoy the good bits of life as shinobi in a moderately safe environment.

Being rogue means you're constantly running and are always in potential danger. You don't have the kind of protection you get from a heavily guarded village and you don't have a permanent place to stay. You cannot participate in events held by a village such as tournaments and other types of contests.

The thing is, being rogue may seem cool and exciting in something like Naruto, but in reality to which SLO will stay close, the rogue lifestyle is very uncomfortable. Those Naruto characters usually have a very good reason to be rogue as well and are willing to sacrifice the luxuries of a village for it. You guys have no real reason to be rogue. You just want to be rogue because you want to be different (aka hipster). What's the point of being rogue besides it not being mainstream? What has this not yet existing village done to you that's so bad? In all reality, starting as a rogue, which really means being a village shinobi who just randomly disappears, is pretty retarded. Because you are going agaist a village that is willing to protect you, and you are doing this with no real reason.

Now going rogue makes sense if a village does something bad to you, but it can't yet have done that.
  • Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Cedie

• Special Jonin Poster
  • Cedie has no influence.
  • "Illusion prompts the beginning of flaring action"
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kurama
  • Organization: Roguhanta
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2015, 05:40:03 »
Being non-rogue is going to be much more relaxing. You will get to enjoy the good bits of life as shinobi in a moderately safe environment.

Being rogue means you're constantly running and are always in potential danger. You don't have the kind of protection you get from a heavily guarded village and you don't have a permanent place to stay. You cannot participate in events held by a village such as tournaments and other types of contests.

The thing is, being rogue may seem cool and exciting in something like Naruto, but in reality to which SLO will stay close, the rogue lifestyle is very uncomfortable. Those Naruto characters usually have a very good reason to be rogue as well and are willing to sacrifice the luxuries of a village for it. You guys have no real reason to be rogue. You just want to be rogue because you want to be different (aka hipster). What's the point of being rogue besides it not being mainstream? What has this not yet existing village done to you that's so bad? In all reality, starting as a rogue, which really means being a village shinobi who just randomly disappears, is pretty retarded. Because you are going agaist a village that is willing to protect you, and you are doing this with no real reason.

Now going rogue makes sense if a village does something bad to you, but it can't yet have done that.

Saruman has spoken.
  • Character Name: Cedie
Maroon = Moderator's POV.
Black = Normal me. :-*

Offline rayzote

• Chunin Donator
  • Chunin Poster
  • rayzote has no influence.
  • I miss living in town :/
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 07:25:46 »

Is the village automatically be aware that a player is in a rogue organization? i mean, i could be in a village as  a covert op, but i'm actually in a rogue organization, unless, that village sends a spy and retrieves information about the organization. If i start as a rogue, but i'm actually still inside the village with the "protection as a shinobi". The village would not know that i'm in the village as a cover while i'm sharing information of the village with my organization, am i wrong? I mean I don't know exactly how such universal system with different allies and enemies, spies and covers could be. But that would be "covert op" since day 1,btw what would restrain me to create another character in two different villages and be a double spy(double character) , if i actually go wild as a rouge and attack everyone that is in my village without an strategy and a guaranteed ticket for an organization, THAT WOULD BE DUMB >.< since we are already planning organizations i will most likely contact the players since day 1, without being in the organization, then when i'm prepared, just then i could go out of the village. But again, in such universal system, everything could happen.
  • Character Name: rayzote

Offline Mars

• Hidden Hill Kage
  • Hidden Village Kage
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • Mars has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Hinode
  • Organization: Yürei
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 10:59:20 »

This is the best summary of why becoming a rogue is stupid I've ever seen.
  • Character Name: Kuria Hinode

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 13:05:19 »

I beg to differ, becoming a rogue is simply a more challenging play style than being a mere village guy. You're always on the run, always fighting for your life, hence why you will accumulate way more skill than a shinobi 'in a moderately safe environment' by repeatedly going through live or die battles and emerging victorious. Not everyone is suited for the village life, not everyone wants to carry out missions for the Kage. Some just want to do their thing, and for that independence is required. If one's willing to sacrifice the said protection the village is offering him, I don't see what part of that is stupid. It's not about being 'hipster' or 'different' or anything around those lines, it's about wanting a more free lifestyle than the average village ninja who always has to fulfill his duties before anything. So yeah, it's a choice that some of us want to make, everyone should just do as they see fit.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Vreg

• CEO/Lead Software Engineer
  • Administrator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.Vreg has an aura about them.
  • I run this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 15:12:15 »

I beg to differ, becoming a rogue is simply a more challenging play style than being a mere village guy. You're always on the run, always fighting for your life, hence why you will accumulate way more skill than a shinobi 'in a moderately safe environment' by repeatedly going through live or die battles and emerging victorious. Not everyone is suited for the village life, not everyone wants to carry out missions for the Kage. Some just want to do their thing, and for that independence is required. If one's willing to sacrifice the said protection the village is offering him, I don't see what part of that is stupid. It's not about being 'hipster' or 'different' or anything around those lines, it's about wanting a more free lifestyle than the average village ninja who always has to fulfill his duties before anything. So yeah, it's a choice that some of us want to make, everyone should just do as they see fit.
What you're talking about is abandoning the village lifestyle which is an acceptable choice for some people.

What being rogue means is running from a village with no official resignation and breaking the contract you had with that village as a shinobi.

If you want to live free from a village, no problem, just head out to the Kage's building and resign from your position as a village shinobi.

• Character Name: Vuregu

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2015, 15:49:23 »
What if the village decides to exile you?

Anyway, I've played a game that had the same idea, to copy as much as possible the naruto universe. I've played that game 2 years so I had enough time to experience almost all the paths a shinobi could have and I have to say that Vreg is right; the village life is not that boring as it seems. In fact there are more activities inside a village rather than outside it. As a rogue, the only interesting part is when you are finding a villager and fight him, besides this you just wonder around and eventually do what the leaders of your organization ask you to do (probably boring stuff too). On the other hand, when you are a villager you are always interacting with different shinobi, you are finding rogues if you want to hunt them down or you can guard your village territory, preventing enemies from infiltrating. All in one, when you are missing-nin the funny moments are when you are interacting with a villager or another rogue while when you are a villager you can interact and have fun not only with other villagers but with your sensei/students/kage, with rogues and with enemy villagers as well...

Offline Shivraj

• Chunin Donator
  • Sennin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Shivraj has no influence.
  • 'Sup Guys!
    • View Profile
  • Clan:
  • Organization:
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 15:58:58 »
Hmmmm. . . I like the points that are being raised and i like the idea of being a villager but being a rouge brings a different feeling of fun of freedom and independence so i am still sticking with being rouge and i just want to say that there are pros and cons of being a rouge and there are pros and cons of being a non-rouge.
  • Character Name: Kazuki Raiu

Offline Kayleb

• Chunin Donator
  • Jonin Poster
  • Kayleb has no influence.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Himitsu
  • Organization: Roguhanta

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 18:37:27 »

Anyway, I've played a game that had the same idea, to copy as much as possible the naruto universe. I've played that game 2 years so I had enough time to experience almost all the paths a shinobi could have and I have to say that Vreg is right; the village life is not that boring as it seems. In fact there are more activities inside a village rather than outside it. As a rogue, the only interesting part is when you are finding a villager and fight him, besides this you just wonder around and eventually do what the leaders of your organization ask you to do (probably boring stuff too). On the other hand, when you are a villager you are always interacting with different shinobi, you are finding rogues if you want to hunt them down or you can guard your village territory, preventing enemies from infiltrating. All in one, when you are missing-nin the funny moments are when you are interacting with a villager or another rogue while when you are a villager you can interact and have fun not only with other villagers but with your sensei/students/kage, with rogues and with enemy villagers as well...

Which game was this @Konuhuro ? I want to try it out
  • Character Name: Dawg

Offline m4r1us

• Sennin Poster
  • m4r1us has no influence.
  • Why be a king when you can be a god? Pride.
    • View Profile
  • Clan: Kirishima Clan

• Organization: Katakiuchi

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 19:43:27 »

What you're talking about is abandoning the village lifestyle which is an acceptable choice for some people.

What being rogue means is running from a village with no official resignation and breaking the contract you had with that village as a shinobi.

If you want to live free from a village, no problem, just head out to the Kage's building and resign from your position as a village shinobi.

Well this certainly sounds like an interesting prospect for those who want to leave the village on good terms. I have to admit I was unaware of this possibility.
Warning: Beware of the BBB!

Tokyo Ghoul          Claymore          Deadman Wonderland

Offline Konohuro

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2015, 20:15:35 »

Which game was this @Konuhuro ? I want to try it out

Dead.

Offline Xendrus...

• Community Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • Special Jonin Poster
  • Reputation Power: 4
  • Xendrus... has no influence.
  • Stop it, you're breaking my immersion!
    • View Profile
  • Organization: 『  』
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2015, 03:32:20 »
I think rogues should be able to participate in events/tournies, depending on what they are. Granted, if this isn't possible then it simply isn't possible, but since SLO is going for a more realistic feel, and even in Naruto, if someone is hiding their face then they are unknown. If I wear a mask as a rogue ninja, or some sort of face cover thing, I should be able to freely walk in the village and freely participate in events/tournies if they allow me to wear my mask during said activity.

With this there should also be high risk. I mean, if you do too much to stand out, like in Assassin's Creed, the guards should be alerted, or if a player informs/does something about this masked man/woman, then a guard should go over and try and speak. Boom, import suave tactics and seduce the guard into leaving you alone, or wind up alerting the guard too much and getting arrested. Then boom, you're running away cause it isn't like an auto-arrest thing. Anyways, now you're trying to escape some guarded village with both players and NPC's chasing you. Good game nerd. Make better life choices. SLO isn't a game... It's life.
  • Character Name: Xendrus...